PDA

View Full Version : WBB - 6 Years Ago Today

godukerocks
01-03-2010, 07:45 PM
It's been six years now since Jessica Foley hit that miraculous 3 at the buzzer to sink UCONN at their place in 2004, capping an incredible comeback, aided by our full court press and the play of Alana Beard.

Anybody have any memories of this game, or footage to share?

Inonehand
01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
It's been six years now since Jessica Foley hit that miraculous 3 at the buzzer to sink UCONN at their place in 2004, capping an incredible comeback, aided by our full court press and the play of Alana Beard.

Was at that game. Sitting up in the worst seats imaginable in one of the worst arenas...the Hartford Civic Center. The drive back to NYC in a little snow and ice was very satisfying.

uh_no
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM

ah....but amazingly enough uconn capped off the season with their third straight national championship

MHTorringjan
01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Gyeesh, well thank YOU, Mister Killjoy. :p While that game did not result in our winning a national Championship (or for that matter halting the relatively unstoppable juggernaut that is UConn WBB), it was a significant victory for our program over a highly heralded team with an incredibly exciting last second play. I can only hope that this year, we have the same sort of success (only with relatively less stress involved).

Mind you, this is a hope, as UConn has still not shown much in the way of weakness this year, and they look to be ready, willing, and able to capitalize on the numerous turnovers we commit in almost every game. We're going to have to work hard, and I think that a victory over their team this year would mean significantly more than it did with Alana Beard, Jess Foley, etc. Either way, I'm going to be there for that game, cheering at the top of my lungs. We play significantly better at home than we do essentially anywhere else, so at least we've got that going for us.

uh_no
01-03-2010, 10:23 PM
lol sorry for being a killjoy

i hail from the nutmeg state and grew up a uconn fan

I was at that game six years ago, and i still hate it

alas I have not come to cheer for the duke women as I have the duke men, and though I was highly torn when duke and uconn played in MSG last month, when the huskies show up at CIS in a few weeks, I will be firmly planted behind the uconn bench

MHTorringjan
01-04-2010, 09:49 AM
lol sorry for being a killjoy

i hail from the nutmeg state and grew up a uconn fan

I was at that game six years ago, and i still hate it

alas I have not come to cheer for the duke women as I have the duke men, and though I was highly torn when duke and uconn played in MSG last month, when the huskies show up at CIS in a few weeks, I will be firmly planted behind the uconn bench

*sigh* well, you gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the game but won't leave happy with the outcome. ;-)

Reisen
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Ahh, Alana Beard. What a great player and fun person. She was in my "Rocks for Jocks" class, along with Icis Tillis...