PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Penn

Jumbo
12-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Penn?

Bob Green
12-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Scheyer was impressive with 11 assists so he earned my vote. Mason Plumlee earns Honorable Mention with 18 points and 7 rebounds. It was nice to see Mason get on track.

mgtr
12-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Scheyer is the man, followed by Smith, Mason, and Zoubs. I am uncertain what we take away from this game, but it was a tuneup, I guess.

DukeBlood
12-31-2009, 08:23 PM
I meant to vote for Singler, but clicked on Smith instead. Nolan is a good choice also.

Singler had 20 points, 5 boards, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and 0 turnovers. He also didn't force too much, which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

ice-9
12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
I voted Mason for what I hope will be a sign of things to come for the young man.

Plus, his numbers are pretty good: 18 points on 7-10 shooting, 7 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 assists. His only blemish is going 4-7 at the FT line.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-31-2009, 11:48 PM
I voted for Nolan as he was the leading scorer. Jon was close, but he had 3 ( 3! ) turnovers tonight. That's just shocking :eek: and unacceptable :mad:. OK, I kid, but it was very surprising.

CameronBornAndBred
01-01-2010, 12:54 AM
I voted Mason for what I hope will be a sign of things to come for the young man.

Mason had the one nice over the shoulder shot, but he has a long way to go, and showed it plenty tonight. Two rebounds back to back went right through his hands, and he missed two layups. A touch of Zoubekness in that he puts the ball on the floor too much. He will without a doubt improve, and he is amazingly athletic for his size, but potential doesn't equal a MOTM vote.
Mine goes to Nolan tonight.

ice-9
01-01-2010, 01:44 AM
He will without a doubt improve, and he is amazingly athletic for his size, but potential doesn't equal a MOTM vote.

Mason did put up very nice numbers! He stuffed the stat sheet this game.

airowe
01-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Mason had the one nice over the shoulder shot, but he has a long way to go, and showed it plenty tonight. Two rebounds back to back went right through his hands, and he missed two layups. A touch of Zoubekness in that he puts the ball on the floor too much. He will without a doubt improve, and he is amazingly athletic for his size, but potential doesn't equal a MOTM vote.

I'm watching that sequence right now on DVR. I noticed it too, but each time, the ball got tipped before Mason could get to it. Nitpicky, but just stickin up for MP2!

My vote goes to Zoubs, again. He's not playing like a man anymore. He's playing like a beast.

Ima Facultiwyfe
01-01-2010, 09:42 AM
I voted for Kyle for the maturity he is showing as he shares the spotlight that started out this year being his alone. I think that is huge for the chemistry of this team.
Love, Ima

oldnavy
01-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Scheyer was impressive with 11 assists so he earned my vote. Mason Plumlee earns Honorable Mention with 18 points and 7 rebounds. It was nice to see Mason get on track.

I flipped the order Bob, and gave the nod to Mason since this was his first real impact of the season, but I couldn't make a good argument against Jon...

jv001
01-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Could have flipped a coin, but I didn't. I voted for Nolan but could have easily voted for any of the 4. I liked the 8-11 fgs, and his defense on the ball. Also was 4-5 from 3 point land. The only negative was the 3 to's. Jon was super as well with 19 pts, 11 assists, 4 rebs, and ran the offense like he always does. Only negative was 4 to's, but I thought he could have received a little help in receiving the ball. Mason showed a glimpse of what we can expect from this talented young man. Kyle came out of his shooting slump for the most part with 7-10 fgs, 5 rebs and 5 assists, 1 block, 1 assist. Great all around game. Now let's lay a hurting on Clemson. Go Duke!

devildeac
01-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I voted for Nolan as he was the leading scorer. Jon was close, but he had 3 ( 3! ) turnovers tonight. That's just shocking :eek: and unacceptable :mad:. OK, I kid, but it was very surprising.

Today's story/boxscore in the n&o "credits" him with 4 TO! I just can't vote for him with this daring, outrageous performance:rolleyes:.

So my vote goes to, well, I'm gonna vote for him anyway as he really had a fine game and one of those TO was just inches off the mark with a pass a bit too high to Kyle on the wing during an up-tempo moment.

I agree though with some of the other thoughts as Nolan, Kyle, Mason, Miles and Brian all had really good games, too.