PDA

View Full Version : Another Bostondevil Theatrical Production

Bostondevil
12-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Hey all, if you're close to Boston, come out and see Almost Made in Heaven. Details can be found here. http://www.acmetheater.com/index.asp

This is my short play with a Duke-Carolina flavor. Performances of my show are Saturday, January 9th and Friday, January 15th. I want as many Dukies in the audience as I can get so that at least some people to get all the jokes. There's even an audience choice award, you can poll skew!

DukieInKansas
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey all, if you're close to Boston, come out and see Almost Made in Heaven. Details can be found here. http://www.acmetheater.com/index.asp

This is my short play with a Duke-Carolina flavor. Performances of my show are Saturday, January 9th and Friday, January 15th. I want as many Dukies in the audience as I can get so that at least some people to get all the jokes. There's even an audience choice award, you can poll skew!

I wish I could be there. I think our next family girl's weekend will be in Boston, so I'll check to see if you have a performance when we schedule that trip.

ArnieMc
01-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Cool! I really enjoyed reading the play and would love to see it. Of course, I won't be anywhere near there, but I highly recommend the play to anyone in the area.

Bostondevil
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
By the way, the play rocked on Saturday night. The actors were on fire! Favorite after performance comment from a friend who hadn't made it out to see one of my plays before - "I'm so glad I don't have to lie to you when I tell you that I think it was great!" There's one more (sold out) performance this weekend.

Bostondevil
01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I won 'The Charlie' (the audience choice award for best play)!

DukieInKansas
01-20-2010, 03:36 PM
I won 'The Charlie' (the audience choice award for best play)!

Congratulatons - on your 2nd Charlie!

I still think this play should be performed at half time of the Duke UNC game with Mr. King from Presbyterian College as one of the actors.

Bostondevil
01-20-2010, 04:10 PM
He'd have to play a Carolina grad, do you really think he'd want to do that? It's no accident that the woman in my play is the Duke grad.

DukieInKansas
01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
He'd have to play a Carolina grad, do you really think he'd want to do that? It's no accident that the woman in my play is the Duke grad.

Too true! Could he introduce the play and author?