PDA

View Full Version : Can my two-year old come into Cameron with no ticket?

91_92_01_10_15
12-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know?

I searched this forum and the GoDuke site, but I found nothing.

Thanks.

uh_no
12-30-2009, 02:43 PM
doubtful.....imagine if every ticket holder tried to bring in a 2 year old

91_92_01_10_15
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM
doubtful.....imagine if every ticket holder tried to bring in a 2 year old
Well, I presume every ticket holder would not have occasion to bring a two-year-old with them. My family, for instance, has had four season tickets for 30 years, and has never had occasion to bring a two-year-old until now.

Thanks for the helpful response, though. ;-)

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know?

Thanks.

There are people who bring infants into Cameron and some who bring toddlers who sit in their laps. A quick call to the Ticket Office (919-681-BLUE (2583)-local or 1-877-375-DUKE (3853)-toll free) is the best source of information regarding ticket policy questions.

uh_no
12-30-2009, 02:49 PM
lol, with that said, what I said was maybe speculation...you can probably email the box office and ask, their email address is on the goduke site

Devil in the Blue Dress
12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
lol, with that said, what I said was maybe speculation...you can probably email the box office and ask, their email address is on the goduke site

A telephone call gets a quicker response than email.

91_92_01_10_15
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
A telephone call gets a quicker response than email.
I called 681-BLUE before I posted, and they closed at noon today for some reason. I'll try to email, but if anyone has any first-hand knowledge, I'd appreciate your post.

Thanks.

91_92_01_10_15
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
FYI, I just called the Iron Dukes office, and they said kids two and under can come in without a ticket and sit in someone's lap.

Thanks for your suggestions.

bulldog44
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Depends, how is their jumpshot and what is their GPA? I bet they are a good dribbler though :D Sorry, have fun at the game. Go DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

91_92_01_10_15
12-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Depends, how is their jumpshot and what is their GPA? I bet they are a good dribbler though :D Sorry, have fun at the game. Go DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's an A-1 dribbler for sure! He's an ace at throwing his toys in the toilet as well. Maybe I'll send some videotape to Coach K.

Exiled_Devil
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
We've brought our 2 year old to several games this year. No one bats an eyelash.

Just make sure they aren't wearing baby blue.

bulldog44
12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
He's an A-1 dribbler for sure! He's an ace at throwing his toys in the toilet as well. Maybe I'll send some videotape to Coach K.

Good luck with the videotape, I sent a similar one of me throwing my toys in the toilet to Coach K and I got a visit from a guy known as "the Landlord" a Canadian who went by Danny M. and some small but very intimidating Jersey guy with cowboy boots. They let me know it would be in my best interest for me not to send any more videotapes to K. But hey, you got another 15 years to keep trying. :D

Kimist
12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
My guess is a definite "yes."

I STILL have lumps from getting kicked in the head by the "toddler" behind me - and rest assured it went on for much more than two years. After one extremely exuberant evening, where I basically just sat on the edge of my own seat and leaned forward to avoid the assaults, I even made the comment that most folks who can afford season seats in Cameron Indoor Stadium can also afford to pay for a baby sitter.

Fortunately, said toddler is now college age and the parents sit elsewhere.

No word on any pending grandchildren to renew the torture.:p

k

OZZIE4DUKE
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM
FYI, I just called the Iron Dukes office, and they said kids two and under can come in without a ticket and sit in someone's lap.

Thanks for your suggestions.
And if you happen to be sitting next to me, I'll ask you to take the child out into the hallway and/or find another seat. I'm there for my enjoyment and pay dearly for it, which does not include sitting next to some two year old who couldn't care less about the game going on, will probably spend part of the time crying because it is too loud for his/her ears, and undoubtedly will take a crap in his/her diaper sometime during the game. His/her cuteness wears off before the opening tip. Leave the kid with a sitter. Everyone will be happier.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
My guess is a definite "yes."

I STILL have lumps from getting kicked in the head by the "toddler" behind me - and rest assured it went on for much more than two years. After one extremely exuberant evening, where I basically just sat on the edge of my own seat and leaned forward to avoid the assaults, I even made the comment that most folks who can afford season seats in Cameron Indoor Stadium can also afford to pay for a baby sitter.

Fortunately, said toddler is now college age and the parents sit elsewhere.

No word on any pending grandchildren to renew the torture.:p

k
I would not have been quite so kind to the parents. See my post above.

BTW, my first grandchild is due in 5-6 weeks. I don't anticipate taking her to a game anytime soon. Pictures will have to suffice for those who want to see the little darling! And I will bring pictures to brag on!

hurleyfor3
12-30-2009, 09:09 PM
We've brought our 2 year old to several games this year. No one bats an eyelash.

Just make sure they aren't wearing baby blue.

Hmmm, that raises a conundrum. Wouldn't any blue worn by said two-year-old necessarily be baby blue?

91_92_01_10_15
12-31-2009, 12:35 AM
And if you happen to be sitting next to me...
I shall hope that won't be the case. Oh, and we decided not to bring the two-year-old by the way. ;-)

MB in MD
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
This thread got me reminiscing. I brought my son to his first Duke game in Cameron at about a year of age, and all season he sat on my lap, taking it all in. He was a hit in my local seating area, and looked forward to seeing his "friends" at games, as they did him. Next year, fortunately, I was able to score an extra seat, though I gave up 4th row tickets for last row, just to be able to keep bringing him to games. I think this imprinting helped make him a huge Duke fan--I remember riding down the street and having him ask me why so many street signs had Danny Ferry's number on them. And even though, from his point of view, he was banished to Terp country at the tender age of 8, he has maintained his loyalty, which, trust me, is not the easiest thing to do up here. So there is something to be said for starting early, and not all toddlers are unwelcome.

miramar
12-31-2009, 09:17 AM
We took our then two-year old to an Olympic basketball game in 1984 in LA and it was fine.

I am proud to say that she clapped whenever Bobby Knight screamed at his players, and got very upset every time Michael Jordan touched the ball. Smart kid.

Exiled_Devil
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
And if you happen to be sitting next to me, I'll ask you to take the child out into the hallway and/or find another seat. I'm there for my enjoyment and pay dearly for it, which does not include sitting next to some two year old who couldn't care less about the game going on, will probably spend part of the time crying because it is too loud for his/her ears, and undoubtedly will take a crap in his/her diaper sometime during the game. His/her cuteness wears off before the opening tip. Leave the kid with a sitter. Everyone will be happier.

And if you were sitting next to me, I would say 'tough luck'.

That rant against a child, which is allowed to sit in the seat according to the purchase agreement, is your problem. Kimist's story is different - it's not appropriate to kick a seat regardless of age ( I had a teenager try to use my seat as a foot stool once last season) but your crusade against babies in the seat next to you sounds like bullying your neighbors. They paid a lot for those tickets, too.

devildeac
01-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Hmmm, that raises a conundrum. Wouldn't any blue worn by said two-year-old necessarily be baby blue?

Not on any of my kids! We found plenty of clothing in the proper shade of blue when we raised our young'ns:D.