PDA

View Full Version : Player Comment on Bench Use

Duke79UNLV77
12-30-2009, 08:51 AM
“Yeah, he was pretty trigger-happy with guys, and I don’t think that’s good for guys when you do that.” “Because, that makes guys even tighter – when you do one thing (wrong) you think coach is going to yank you right out. I don’t think that is good for guys, but Coach is a Hall of Fame coach and he definitely knows what he’s doing.”

but .... wait a second ...

this was Deon Thompson commenting on Ole Roy! UNC players sure have made a number of public comments during the Ole Roy era that I can't remember hearing from Duke players under K. still, any chemistry issues don't appear to have affected their winning too much.

as for bench use, I think the idea that K is dead-set on a short rotation is overblown. I believe last year we had 1 guy (barely) in the top 10 in the ACC in minutes played. The year before that we led the ACC in bench scoring. that being said, using a deep bench isn't a core part of K's system, as it is with someone like Pitino. from our last game, the one number that sticks out and seems fair to question is 38 minutes from Scheyer, although recall that his VO2 max tested out at Lance Armstrong levels.

DukeFanSince1990
12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I missed that somewhere, could you provide a link?

Duke79UNLV77
12-30-2009, 09:53 AM
http://miami.scout.com/2/932859.html

DukeFanSince1990
12-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks!