PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Long Beach State

Jumbo
12-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Long Beach State?

mgtr
12-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Scheyer was the man tonight, but Zoubs warmed my heart with his performance. Keep it up!

Welcome2DaSlopes
12-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Nolan is deserving but i'm going to give it to Jon.

mapei
12-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Nolan - he stayed consistent when Kyle and Jon went cold for a while.

dukeblu33
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Zoubek or Scheyer! I had to go with Scheyer and give Zoubek a most improved award or something.

chrisheery
12-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Nolan played as well as he did last game. He hit big shots, kept scoring when others went cold, and kept everyone involved. He and Jon are playing really well together right now. I hope that can continue.

jv001
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I voted for Jon. Another great all around game from The Captain. Nolan and Zoubs were both deserving as they played great games themselves. Just thought Jon was key. When he went out one time, the offense did not flow near as well. Just showed me how important he is to the Duke offense. Go Duke!

soccerstud2210
12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
smith. two huge threes to keep the lead in double digits! hit big shots all night!

SCMatt33
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Gotta be Zoubs for showing what he is capable of doing. Give it to the man who played above his normal level.

Acymetric
12-29-2009, 09:55 PM
It was probably Jon, but I gave it to Zoubs for shooting 100% and turning in a great game. Still, people will probably complain and say he should be benched or kicked off the team or something. I think the guy would have to dunk from the three point line for some people here to even consider that he might be a good player.

cascadedevil
12-29-2009, 10:13 PM
25 minutes, 12 rebounds, 2 fouls (according to ESPN, while I only remember the one on the perimeter). This was an incredible performance for our big guy. Way to go Brian!!!!!

Bob Green
12-29-2009, 10:43 PM
I voted for Zoubek. He was efficient and effective. Ten points, 12 rebounds, and three blocked shots in 25 minutes is a great performance.

Newton_14
12-29-2009, 10:48 PM
This one was tough. Nolan and Jon were both great, but so was Zoubs. I gave a very slight edge to Nolan only because he was seemingly consistent in both halves and hit several big shots to stop LBS runs. Could have easily voted for Jon or Zoubs though. Games like this make me wish for a way to vote for more than one player.

Also Nolan had one heck of a catch and finish in the first half run on the long pass from Kyle.

OZZIE4DUKE
12-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Jon and Nolan had nice games, big games, but we played best when Zoubs was on the court. And he had a double-double. Z got my vote tonight!

Johnboy
12-29-2009, 10:56 PM
This was a team win, with deserving MOTM candidates. I voted for the big guy. Zoubek was a beast tonight, edging out Jon and Nolan.

BlueintheFace
12-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Zoubek is a rebounding machine

striker219
12-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I had to vote Jon for the way the offense just seemed to flow better when he was in the game, but I have to give props (if that's allowed...) to Nolan for an all around great game where he kept his head up and kept others involved, and to Zoubek for a double-double and ONLY TWO FOULS!

When he got his first foul with six minutes left, if I'm remembering correctly, I almost fell out of my chair. I honestly thought that he kept a couple in his stat line for safe keeping, you know? It almost seems like they should introduce him before the game as "Brian Zoubek, from Haddonfield, New Jersey, playing the center position, measuring in at 7'1", 260 pounds and two personal fouls." Nice job!

gep
12-30-2009, 01:01 AM
I plead ignorance... didn't/couldn't watch the game, and only relied on stats and comments. I went with Brian. 5 for 5, 100% shooting? double-double with 12 rebounds? I think Brian probably had a double-double before at Duke, but can't remember... and can't remember the last double-figure scoring at 100% for anyone else :rolleyes:...

airowe
12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
My vote goes to Jolan Schmith but I want to give it up to Zoubs as well.

NSDukeFan
12-30-2009, 09:47 AM
It was probably Jon, but I gave it to Zoubs for shooting 100% and turning in a great game. Still, people will probably complain and say he should be benched or kicked off the team or something. I think the guy would have to dunk from the three point line for some people here to even consider that he might be a good player.
He doesn't qualify for MOTM because he had a turnover that some people didn't like, so that overides everything. :rolleyes:

I had to vote Jon for the way the offense just seemed to flow better when he was in the game, but I have to give props (if that's allowed...) to Nolan for an all around great game where he kept his head up and kept others involved, and to Zoubek for a double-double and ONLY TWO FOULS!

When he got his first foul with six minutes left, if I'm remembering correctly, I almost fell out of my chair. I honestly thought that he kept a couple in his stat line for safe keeping, you know? It almost seems like they should introduce him before the game as "Brian Zoubek, from Haddonfield, New Jersey, playing the center position, measuring in at 7'1", 260 pounds and two personal fouls." Nice job!
I was also impressed with the absence of fouls from the big guy, though I wish he would have backed off the guard on the perimeter a bit on the play he got the foul. That seemed very obvious from the comfort of my couch. :) I had to vote for Zoubs as well, though our backcourt was again fantastic.

DukeDevilDeb
12-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Zoubs was great tonight. 100% shooting and a double double says it all. But I'll reserve judgment until we start the ACC season. I just hope he can keep it up against taller competition! Nolan was fantastic too. His shooting was awesome, and his defense just keeps getting better.

But Jon is something special! The offensive just runs better when he is in. Although he seemed to go cold for a little while, the fact that he was the leading score despite the cold snap and despite the fact that he hardly got to the foul line means he's MOTM in my book. He seems to have confidence that is building with each game. And while Kyle is still having a little trouble with his shot, he was a monster on the boards.

No one has yet mentioned the fact that the guard duo of Scheyer and Smith had 14 assists (7 each) and NO TURNOVERS! They truly value the ball.

Go Devils! Great night for everyone... Lance deserves a call out because he played a long time with 4 fouls and without fouling out! And Dawkins' back to back threes... beautiful. I am SO glad he's here and not in high school!

Happy New Year, everyone! :)

MHTorringjan
12-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Zoubek's constant presence and imposing figure inside were a great help last night, and his strong defense were key to making the game as uneven as it was. As much as Scheyer and Smith had strong games, I love the inside game that Zoub is bringing right now and hope he keeps bringing it!

stickdog
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Over Duke's last 4 games, Zoubek has gone 16-18 from the field. He has scored 38 points, pulled down 31 rebounds and blocked 6 shots in 77 minutes of play. That's 19.7 points, 16.1 rebounds and 3.1 blocks per 40 minutes of play with a 89% field goal percentage.

Over Duke's last 3 games, Zoubek has finally gotten his fouling under control with 6 fouls in 59 minutes of play.

ncexnyc
12-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Nolan got my vote. He had a solid game from start to finish and it was really great to see him string two excellent games in a row together.