PDA

View Full Version : The Pacers and athleticism

cspan37421
12-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Google news popped up this interesting article, mostly about Psycho T but also with a quote from Dunleavy and a mention of Dahntay and McBob:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/mark_montieth/12/18/hansbrough.ap/

My favorite line regarding athleticism: "That Hansbrough was drafted by Bird, who was rumored to be white during his playing career, only furthered the stereotype."

zingit
12-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. I read that intro and thought, "Gee, isn't Hansbrough someone who should know what can happen when one is not careful with his elbows?" Seriously though--I'm not sure this is something as commendable as Bird is suggesting it is.

And I hate to admit it, but the suggestion that the reason is Josh McRoberts doesn't trash talk Hansbrough is because Hansbrough "doesn't take crap from anybody" is silly. More likely, the reason is: what on earth would Josh McRoberts be able to trash talk Tyler Hansbrough about?

kshepinthehouse
12-23-2009, 12:08 AM
So the buzz around my area is that Tyler Hansbrough has been doing pretty well in the NBA, however, while averaging nine points a game in eighteen minutes a game, he is shooting 38% from the field. An abysmal number for anyone, especially a big man.

hq2
12-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah, Hansbrough has been about as expected in the pros; a decent 10 point a game, 6-7 rebounds per game NBA power forward. That's about it. His field goal
percentage will pick up once he realizes which shots he can take and which ones he can't.

As for the rest of the Pacers; too many slow white boys over there. Gee, wonder why Larry Bird likes guys like that? The problem is that none of them
are actually him.

SMO
12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
So the buzz around my area is that Tyler Hansbrough has been doing pretty well in the NBA, however, while averaging nine points a game in eighteen minutes a game, he is shooting 38% from the field. An abysmal number for anyone, especially a big man.

But Dick Vitale said he's proving all his critics wrong and having a great season, so these numbers must be wrong. Of course, this was one of Vitale's many musings during a college game he was said to be commentating.

sagegrouse
12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah, Hansbrough has been about as expected in the pros; a decent 10 point a game, 6-7 rebounds per game NBA power forward. That's about it. His field goal
percentage will pick up once he realizes which shots he can take and which ones he can't.

As for the rest of the Pacers; too many slow white boys over there. Gee, wonder why Larry Bird likes guys like that? The problem is that none of them
are actually him.

Naughty, naughty. And on the evening of the evening of the holiday, at that! I hope your Christmas list is short so you won't be too diappointed if Santa misses your house.

sagegrouse

UrinalCake
12-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Wow, when Stephen Jackson tells you that you're out of control, you really gotta wonder...

elvis14
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Really? Another effin thread about Hanscheater! Really? Come on guys this is a DUKE board. Hanstravel was a TARHOLE. Please STOP. I don't care what he does in the NBA and if I decide I do care I can go find it on IC or a Pacers board. Do we really have to have Hansflopper threads on here constantly?

cspan37421
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Jeez, take it easy. I think I mentioned the Dukies in the article, and it also related to Gottlieb's "unathletic" comments about Duke, and Scheyer's tiny amt of recognition for his amazing stats thus far.

No one makes you read it, you know.