PDA

View Full Version : Things get worse for the 'pack

jimsumner
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
"NC State men's basketball coach Sidney Lowe has announced that junior Tracy Smith has been suspended for the Wolfpack's game at Arizona for violating the ACC policy regarding commenting on officials.

Smith, who made the comments last night following the loss at Wake Forest, will continue to practice and travel with the team to Arizona, but will not compete.

"I was caught up in the heat of the moment, but should not of made the comments I did,” said Smith. “I want to apologize to my coaches, my teammates, and last night’s officials for this situation."”"

airowe
12-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Classy move by Coach Lowe benching one of his best players for a good road test.

wolfpackdevil
12-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Classy move by Coach Lowe benching one of his best players for a good road test.

Sidney Lowe did not suspend Tracy Smith. He announced that Smith was going to be suspended, but the ACC were the ones that did suspend him.

Criticizing officials like he did is against the ACC's policy, which will get you suspended.

jesus_hurley
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Sidney Lowe did not suspend Tracy Smith. He announced that Smith was going to be suspended, but the ACC were the ones that did suspend him.

Criticizing officials like he did is against the ACC's policy, which will get you suspended.

NC State suspended him for the game, not the ACC

The ACC confirmed Monday that it was N.C. State's decision to suspend Smith, not a league-imposed penalty. Wolfpack coach Sidney Lowe declined to comment on Monday.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/states-smith-suspended-for-criticizing-the-officials