PDA

View Full Version : Whom Would You Rather Duke Face In Tourney?

KYtotheCore
12-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Kentucky or Kansas?

mph
12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Hard to answer since we don't know what Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas will look like in March.

SMO
12-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Kentucky or Kansas?

Kentucky. Turnover City Baby!

OZZIE4DUKE
12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd like to beat carolina for the National Championship. We can beat either KY or KS in the semifinals.

DukieBoy
12-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I've watched Kentucky live and seen a little bit of Kansas. Either way, there would be some serious battles for the boards.

If I had to pick on, I'd probably pick Kentucky. Kansas has been there before and we know how they'll react. Kentucky is composed mostly of freshman who've never faced pressure like that, so we don't know how they'll act.

I'd rather face the 3rd team though

hurleyfor3
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
With all due respect to the OP, Kansas fans are on the whole a million times better adjusted.

Jumbo
12-17-2009, 11:13 PM
This isn't a Kentucky board. I really don't think anyone here is looking ahead to Tourney matchups; it's December.

chrisheery
12-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Kentucky has more upside, but also way more downside. They go through long stretches where they seem lost. They may improve by seasons end, but as the teams stand right now, I would be much more worried about playing Kansas than Kentucky.

dynastydefender
12-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Kentucky has more upside, but also way more downside. They go through long stretches where they seem lost. They may improve by seasons end, but as the teams stand right now, I would be much more worried about playing Kansas than Kentucky.

The most interesting critique of UK basketball comes from a crowd that, as a group, can't stand the thought of the UK program being comparable or similar to Duke. I can respect that as long as the members of this board, especially the moderators, can accept a little critique of Duke Basketball that goes against the grain. Oh and you are very welcome for the UNC loss.

dynastydefender
12-20-2009, 11:25 AM
With all due respect to the OP, Kansas fans are on the whole a million times better adjusted.

Kansas fans seem to be a little more grounded than UNC Fans, UK fans, and (here it comes), Dukes Fans. How do I know this? I just finished three years in NC watching the ACC drool all over how great all the teams are during basketball season. Now I am stationed in Kansas (where it seems that the Big 12 has the most powerful conference this year) and I can engage a Jayhawk fan objectively about basketball and come away a better fan and the Jayhawk fan walks away with a better understanding of Kentucky Basketball. Kansas wants to play UK not because that they think that their team is better..they just want to watch a great game between two great teams with two great freshmen. It's a breath of fresh air really.

davekay1971
12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Ashley Judd's a smart gal for a Kentucky fan.

On the whole, I'm behind Ashley deciding not to wear anything she doesn't want to wear...:D

PS: I'm with Jumbo...could care less in December about whether we play KY or UK IF we get the opportunity to play either in March...but Ashley Judd, on the other hand, get's my attention every month of the year...

chrisheery
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
The most interesting critique of UK basketball comes from a crowd that, as a group, can't stand the thought of the UK program being comparable or similar to Duke. I can respect that as long as the members of this board, especially the moderators, can accept a little critique of Duke Basketball that goes against the grain. Oh and you are very welcome for the UNC loss.

How does my post (quoted) have anything to do with this post? I am simply talking about the basketball team on the floor in my post. I think it is a fair analysis that any true Kentucky fan would agree with. I am also quick to point out that Duke has many flaws in the current team and the way the team is perceived. That said, I will not agree, in any way that Duke and

Kentucky are comparable or similar in the following ways:
Academic standards
Willingness to "bend" the rules (in the past and by hiring the current coach)

They are similar in the following ways:
Rabid fan base
Hated by many
Inability to see why other schools hate them
Fantastic history and tradition (except for that Kentucky group that lead to probation and all of the 70s and most of the 80s for Duke)

NSDukeFan
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Pressed the wrong button. I meant to vote, would rather face Kentucky, not Kansas.

RainingThrees
12-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I'll take our chances with our team defense and unselfish offense over that glorified AAU team in Lexington.

DU Band Prez 88
12-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Play both, beat both in the Final Four.

dukestheheat
12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
We'd have a tougher time with Wall than with Kansas' inside game when you weigh them both together, I think. Both Kansas and Kentucky are Final Four teams this year, there is no doubt about it, but I think the weight of Wall and his total influence would prove tougher for Duke than the paint game of Kansas (again, they are great as well there, too).

Duke can beat them both IF they play the way they did versus Gonzaga, however, and if you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best, so let's play them both.

dukestheheat.

dynastydefender
12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Does anyone want to do a re-vote? If Duke plays Kansas in March...it will be Kentucky waiting for them in the next round.

roywhite
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Does anyone want to do a re-vote? If Duke plays Kansas in March...it will be Kentucky waiting for them in the next round.

Are you here to talk about Kentucky basketball?

If that's the case, I hope you'll do that elsewhere.

chrisheery
12-21-2009, 10:00 PM

No. Why? Has something changed? Kansas has a star at PG, the wing and center. Kentucky has great talent too. Kansas has the edge in experience and play a smarter game so far. When that changes, maybe I would say Kentucky. I don't think anyone who days we would have trouble with Wall and not Kansas has seen Collins play. He's just barely slower than Ty Lawson.