PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Players of the Decade

davekay1971
12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.ballinisahabit.net/2009/12/love-to-hate-em-most-hated-players-of.html

Enjoy the writeup on Hansbrough as much as I did.

Dukies still managed to dominate the list, with Paulus and Reddick being at the top. In fact, Reddick is apparently so hated he actually made the list twice.

I was a little mystified by Hibbert - maybe it's a Big East thing, but I can't really figure hating a guy just because you think he underperformed compared to his hype. Any Big East fans out there - was there big Hibbert hatred around the league?

I'm personally a little disappointed that neither Scheyer nor Singler got on the list. I'm thinking that they must have gotten lost in the shadow of the Paulus hatred.

airowe
12-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Redick

davekay1971
12-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Oooh, my bad.

Glad I spelled Sheier and Cynglar correctly! That would have been bad!

sagegrouse
12-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Lame, lame, lame. A bunch of pink faces, the son of Miss Sweden, plus Roy Hibbert, who no one has any reason to hate, for balance. Really going out on a limb there guys to avoid offending anyone, aren't we?

Are these guys serious? Where is Rashad McCancer, the player whose attitude was so bad he was cut from his AAU team? He was so disgusting that Old Roy went after his player during a press conference with Rashad standing next to him.

And if you want a Duke player to go after, where is my man Dahntay, with the flex move after the dunk. He really was someone for opponents to dislike.

Hansbrough is always fair game -- and I tend to go easy on opposing players. But, I mean, his teammates called him Psycho T, which is probably what his Mom calls him.

For Paulus and Redick -- especially Paulus -- it was the vocalization of pure physical envy from a bunch of guys who can't score more than four points in an intramural game. In fact, the author mentions Redick twice, and in the second article admits that Redick is his favorite player.

sagegrouse

NovaScotian
12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
I was a little mystified by Hibbert - maybe it's a Big East thing, but I can't really figure hating a guy just because you think he underperformed compared to his hype. Any Big East fans out there - was there big Hibbert hatred around the league?

I for one hate Roy Hibbert very much. Mostly because he was 7 foot plus and never averaged seven rebounds a game, but also because I hate most players for teams that beat Duke.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I for one hate Roy Hibbert very much. Mostly because he was 7 foot plus and never averaged seven rebounds a game, but also because I hate most players for teams that beat Duke.

I as well could not stand Roy Hibbert, but I was surprised to see him on the list. Part of it was that he got so much hype which is not really his fault, but it hurt to watch him play. Any decent big man he went up against, it showed his faults. Didn't DeJuan Blair destroy him a few times?

dukemsu
12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm now dumber for having read that piece.

dukemsu

UrinalCake
12-18-2009, 09:35 AM
If the time frame had extended back a little farther, we would have to include Makhtar Ndiaye. He accused a Utah player of calling him the n-word, then later admitted he had made it up. Coach K called him out for making an obscene gesture to the Cameron crazies. And according to a story I'd heard, he once asked a friend for a ride to go pick up his car, then got into a fight with him because he didn't like the way the guy was driving. What an absolute embarrassment.

Memphis Devil
12-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Hibbert, seriously? Couldn't they find another white guy to put on the list?

moonpie23
12-18-2009, 09:49 PM
well, i went out to the garage to check the hate storage facility but i couldn't open the door. There was a huge barrel of Rip Hamilton wedged against a large steaming pile of sean may...

i'll check it tomorrow when the snow thaws....

dang....just realized it was DECADE hatred, not ALL-TIME-FOREVER hatred....

ok, that looks like the entire student body of Maryland in there...

Bballaholic
12-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Grevis Vasquez, Grevis Vasquez, Grevis Vasquez, Julius Hodge.

Did I mention Grevis Vasquez.

striker219
12-19-2009, 12:43 AM
well, i went out to the garage to check the hate storage facility but i couldn't open the door. There was a huge barrel of Rip Hamilton wedged against a large steaming pile of sean may...

i'll check it tomorrow when the snow thaws....

dang....just realized it was DECADE hatred, not ALL-TIME-FOREVER hatred....

ok, that looks like the entire student body of Maryland in there...

I was actually hoping to unload some of my Rip Hamilton, but you seem to be fully stocked. Oh well, at least you know how to properly describe Sean May, and I quote, "...a large steaming pile..."

striker219
12-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Grevis Vasquez, Grevis Vasquez, Grevis Vasquez, Julius Hodge.

Did I mention Grevis Vasquez.

Yes, yes, hell yes, and funny story.

I was at State driving through campus trying to find the pool where the NCHSAA state finals were being held. Hodge stepped out in front of my car which caused slamming-on-the-brakes followed by Julius-Hodge-flipping-me-off followed by a should-I-hit-the-gas moment. It was either his freshman or sophomore year I think, the details are a little fuzzy. I thought back to that moment quite a few times over the next couple of years.

moonpie23
12-19-2009, 09:21 AM
another funny hodge story and a lesson. CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AROUND YOUR KIDS.

my son (then 11 years old) and i were riding up western blvd on a spring day in Jule's senior season. It was a warm day and we had the window's down. I stopped at the traffic light between WRAL and the state campus, and there, standing on the side of the road waiting to cross was Jules.

Just as the light turned green and we started to go, i said "look, there's julius hodge!" to which my son said "where?".

I pointed to jules, my son's eyes focused in and he leaned towards the window and yelled "PUNK!"

i punished both of us.....

dukestheheat
12-19-2009, 09:50 PM
^^^^^

davekay,

you're just one funny dude man. you make me lol a lot, really. i bet your patients love you (to death)! hahaha. get that?

dth.

ScreechTDX1847
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm now dumber for having read that piece.

Cosigned.