PDA

View Full Version : JJ's got a higher bball IQ than Kobe

flyingdutchdevil
12-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Thought this was interesting. It's from Charley Rosen, who I feel is one of the smartest basketball analyst out there.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/121509-rosen-analysis

Obviously, JJ isn't Kobe and never will be. But he has stayed in the league due to his incredible bball IQ. I credit Coach K.

DukieBoy
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Very interesting. I would, however, think that the great decisions Kobe makes on offense far outweigh his questionable calls on defense. I rarely see him, however, leave his players on an island. He's actually one of the best defenders in the league. He told Coach K he wanted to guard the best player in the Olympics last year, so that tells ya something.

But in regards to J.J., I completely agree that his basketball IQ has kept him in the league up until this point. And now, he's starting showcase his abilities. I'm anxious for his future.

sagegrouse
12-17-2009, 01:20 PM
But in regards to J.J., I completely agree that his basketball IQ has kept him in the league up until this point. And now, he's starting showcase his abilities. I'm anxious for his future.

I think that JJ, barring injury, will play ten years in the league. He could get a long run with Orlando because Van Gundy -- who it appeared hated JJ -- actually really likes him.

What's interesting is that this year's 3PT percentage -- 41% is very good. But, as others have noted, his 78% FT figure looks like a typo.:rolleyes:

sagegrouse
'Going up Buffalo Pass to cut a Xmas tree. If I don't have another post before tomorrow AM, please contact Colorado Search and Rescue'

BlueintheFace
12-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Kobe's basketball IQ is reportedly off the charts.

No need to compare to Kobe. Both have high IQ.