PDA

View Full Version : DukeBluePlanet.com -- Best Plays of the Decade

airowe
12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Dave Bradley saves the best for last with his look back on the 2000's Greatest Duke Plays.

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/bptv.asp

CMARTZ
12-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Let's hope this compilation was made prematurely.

Acymetric
12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Man, does anyone else miss Jason Williams? I think I almost forgot how good he was for us...and even still thought he was one of the best ever. That guy was a force.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Man, does anyone else miss Jason Williams? I think I almost forgot how good he was for us...and even still thought he was one of the best ever. That guy was a force.

No kidding, he was so quick and so strong with the basketball, it was ridiculous. We need that again. Come on down Kyrie!

flyingdutchdevil
12-15-2009, 05:22 AM
Dave Bradley saves the best for last with his look back on the 2000's Greatest Duke Plays.

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/bptv.asp

You mean past two decades. There were some nice "Square-Head" highlights going on

J_C_Steel
12-15-2009, 09:14 AM

I graduated in 2000 and saw quite a few amazing players -- Battier, Brand, Langdon, Avery -- but the absolute best player that I saw play for the Blue Devils was Jason Williams. That kid was absolutely electric. He had the handle, the quickness, the drive, the shot... everything.

It was a crying shame what happened to him.

airowe
12-15-2009, 09:54 AM
You mean past two decades. There were some nice "Square-Head" highlights going on

Oops. Yes I did. That's how the videos were presented to me. Somebody's got some 'splainin to do.

DukeFanSince1990
12-15-2009, 11:00 AM

Yes, yes and yes.

I actually think Kyrie was way more important then picking up Barnes. Because great point guards (which I think Kyrie is and will be) make everyone around them better and can effect a game more then a great shooting guard or great power/small forward. IMHO.

Azdukefan
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
The biggest thing I took away was the wow factor that Grant Hill provided. Had he not been injured, I think we may have had the second coming of MJ or even better yet, the first GH.

houstondukie
12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
No kidding, he was so quick and so strong with the basketball, it was ridiculous. We need that again. Come on down Kyrie!

I've read the comparisons between Irving and Williams, but does anyone else think that Irving is not as explosive as Williams? Irving is probably a better passer and floor general who can score, but does he have Williams' explosion and "beast-ness"??

airowe
12-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I've read the comparisons between Irving and Williams, but does anyone else think that Irving is not as explosive as Williams? Irving is probably a better passer and floor general who can score, but does he have Williams' explosion and "beast-ness"??

I think the comparisons were more that Irving will be Duke's best true point guard since Jason Williams, not so much that he plays like him.

UrinalCake
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I think it will be a long time before we see another player with his combination of strength and speed. The guy was built like a running back, yet lightning quick. I can't think of any players since him that have had comparable skills.

That said, Kyrie will develop his own identity, and let's hope he achieves similar success (and more!)

Daniel tosh
12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
The J-Will dunks sweet considering his size.Grant's dunks were sick too especially the last alley-oop.As for the Irving comparisons I have read a few comparing the by the way they can score and get in the lane at will.The comparisons weren't nessacerily because he has a chance be the best PG since J-Will.You guys are right it will be a long time before we see someone else like him that had the combination of speed,quickness,strength,and ability to finish.It's a shame he got hurt he would be a top 5 PG in the NBA now.

DevilHorns
12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Man I love that Hendo dunk vs Maryland.

Great compilation!

oldnavy
12-15-2009, 05:38 PM

Exactly the same thing I was thinking... wow!

Highlander
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Man I love that Hendo dunk vs Maryland.

Great compilation!

That was absolutely my favorite play from last year. It was just so nasty! It was nice to be on the dishing out end of one of those for a change.