PDA

View Full Version : Suggesting a UNC Prank

webjammin
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
What if at every UNC home game at least one Duke student/supporter to signs up to enter and yell (In unison) "I don't like Roy" or something similar at every game? I think Roy made a huge mistake when he took away an opposing fan's free speech rights and we should be the ones to make a stink about it. Anyone interested?

sagegrouse
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
What if at every UNC home game at least one Duke student/supporter to signs up to enter and yell (In unison) "I don't like Roy" or something similar at every game? I think Roy made a huge mistake when he took away an opposing fan's free speech rights and we should be the ones to make a stink about it. Anyone interested?

Why don't you introduce yourself, inasmuch as this is your post #1?

sagegrouse

webjammin
12-14-2009, 11:30 AM
And this isn't my 1st post. I posted years ago and, when they changed the ID system, I never followed up to 'renew' mine. But my posting ID is the same.

moonpie23
12-14-2009, 11:37 AM
"I don't like Roy"

wow.....THAT's intimidating......he'll crumple when he hears that...

webjammin
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
What do you suggest, that is profane?

LanceChef
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
This thread raises an interesting point. In the past, good ideas (i.e. singing zombie nation during Wake Forest time outs a few years back) have been circulated on the cheer sheet, and good ideas could be forwarded to the authors for mass distribution. The lack of them combined with the increased noise during time outs has made it difficult to get anything started beyond the stuff that made the cheer sheets obsolete such as the standard "let's go duke" or the novel "bulls**t"., much less a good coordinated prank.

Just a thought, but it would be poor showing if Roy's recent bout with fascism doesn't lead to something beyond a GTHC chant, especially given the wide coverage of it.

jesus_hurley
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Part of the problem would be getting Duke fans to go to a non-Duke game at the nose dome (and pay for tickets) and get seats where they could easily be heard by Ol' Roy. I get the feeling that the basic premise of the idea will be done by the opposing fans throughout the season as they visit Chapel Hill and it will be more effective when carried out by their fans rather then ours. Plus, why should we have all the fun?

moonpie23
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
i'm against profane cheers or razzing....i think for the sake of the young kids and the senior fans attending, that we (as fans) can get the point across without cursing.

one of my favorites is "reprobate" .....serves it's purpose for me, altho i get some stares from the folks around me..

my comment earlier was more along the lines of being more creative. Shouting "i don't like roy" is about the same as "roy is dumb" or "roy is not nice" .........just pretty benign...

webjammin
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Don't just find fault with one piece of the idea, improve it. Where is your Duke spirit?! (Or are a you a State grad?)

Do you like "Throw me Out Roy!" better?

jesus_hurley
12-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Don't just find fault with one piece of the idea, improve it. Where is your Duke spirit?! (Or are a you a State grad?)

Do you like "Throw me Out Roy!" better?

How bout 'These aren't my seats'?

SupaDave
12-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Wellllll!!!! Ok - I think we've gotten enough of this thread...