PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if John Wall cant go left well?!?!?!

bluedevilsince72
12-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Please tell me you were joking when you said you werent sure how well John Wall goes left??!!? In limited viewing, you could see in 1 half of basketball that he loves to go left. What have you been watching? He goes left better than he goes right. He can shoot layups left as well as dunk left (see IU game today?) He is similar to Steve Nash in that he prefers to go left most of the time.

I usually agree with most everything you guys write but that was waaaaayy off.

Ok rant over.

FireOgilvie
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I saw that too. I just assumed he meant "go right," not left. Wall does almost always go left, and IU was playing on his left today to force him right, and he wasn't driving as much to the basket as he has in previous games.

Devilsfan
12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Does it really matter? Image if you couldn't find fault in the best college player in the country who also happens to be a Freshman. His name might be LeBron.

DukieBoy
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
For not being able to go left, he threw down a huge left handed dunk today. And he's and-1 against UCONN, he was going left.

Kewlswim
12-13-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi,

I know this is going to sound like a bit too much bravado and I may end up eating my words: I hope we play Kentucky in the NCAA tournament. I want to see Andre (by then a wily veteran who has been under the tutelage of the Blue Devil staff for a year) rain down three's from the heaven and have John Wall trade 2 (who cares if he goes left or right) for our 3 and the Devils win going away as the Wildcats lose their composure and Lexington melts into disbelief.

Oh, yes, by the way Wall can go left, right, up and down. He is probably the best freshman in the country.

GO DUKE!

flyingdutchdevil
12-13-2009, 05:18 AM
He is probably the best freshman in the country.

GO DUKE!

Ummm....he is the best freshman in the country, probably the best player in the country, IMO. Sure, he showboats and doesn't play lockdown D, but if my team was down by 1 with 5 seconds on the clock, I would put the rock in a Wall's hands.

The guy is a stud and, IMO, much more advanced than D Rose was at this stage. He is an extremely exciting player to watch and good for the game of bball

davekay1971
12-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Ummm....he is the best freshman in the country, probably the best player in the country, IMO. Sure, he showboats and doesn't play lockdown D, but if my team was down by 1 with 5 seconds on the clock, I would put the rock in a Wall's hands.

The guy is a stud and, IMO, much more advanced than D Rose was at this stage. He is an extremely exciting player to watch and good for the game of bball

Hmmm...best player in the country...I'm not willing to go there yet, but not willing to completely disagree. It's remarkable for a freshman to be in that discussion, and a credit to Wall.

I've only seen him play 3 games (UNC, UConn, Indiana), and he's an amazing talent. He's clearly got a pro-style game - much more able to make a move 1:1 and get a good shot than most college players. In fact, I'm willing to say he's about as good as anyone right now in college at doing that, so I see your point about wanting him to have the ball in his hands for that game winning shot.

His limitations (not knocks on the kid, just trying to look realistically at him): he's a little sloppy with the ball for a point guard, his 3 doesn't terrify you, and he's a mediocre defender (not terrible, just so-so).

I will go this far - he's one of the best talents at the guard position right now. Fortunately, coach Cal will undoubtedly solidify his game by helping him develop great fundamentals during his year at UK :rolleyes:

moonpie23
12-13-2009, 10:24 AM
does anyone think the refs have been a little awed over wall as well? i felt like he got some calls against Uconn that maybe he shouldn't have, but not necessarily against unc or indiana....

what do you think? will they be as dazzled by the shiny object in the room?

Kedsy
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
does anyone think the refs have been a little awed over wall as well? i felt like he got some calls against Uconn that maybe he shouldn't have, but not necessarily against unc or indiana....

what do you think? will they be as dazzled by the shiny object in the room?

Well, if Mr. Wall can have two or three threads to himself on the first page of a Duke basketball board, maybe they have reason to be dazzled.

juise
12-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, if Mr. Wall can have two or three threads to himself on the first page of a Duke basketball board, maybe they have reason to be dazzled.

Yeah.if we take the "D" (with Coack K) and the "E" (with the devil) out of the DBR logo header, the board could easily pass for a UK board.

Boston Dukie
12-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I want to ignore Wall, but let's be serious, he is the most talented player in the country (not the best yet of course)

Hard to teach what he can do

Easy to teach what he can't do

He is very fun to watch, and he will be an NBA all star and this is going to help Kentucky recruiting a ton

I never thought Duke would get him, but man what a difference he would have made on a lot of fronts

I have a terrible feeling we may see something similar from Harrison Barnes next year

Duke needs a truly elite talent like that for a lot of reasons ...