PDA

View Full Version : Nate James in Michigan tonight

SBell
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Mount Pleasant's Trey Zeigler had a big all-around game.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Trey Zeigler is a great player. A little undersized, but still great. Go Nate!

SBell
12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
The front page story has Trey's name wrong, it's E-I.

davekay1971
12-10-2009, 05:08 PM
By tomorrow morning crime will have been wiped out in Detroit...

flyingdutchdevil
12-10-2009, 06:13 PM
By tomorrow morning crime will have been wiped out in Detroit...

This made me laugh out loud. Nice

RainingThrees
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
I don't like to get into recruiting or negativity, but does anyone else think that Zeigler is a back-up plan for Roscoe Smith. He seems to have come out of nowhere and plays the same position as Smith, are the coaches thinking that we won't get Smith?

BD80
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't like to get into recruiting or negativity ...

Then why do it?

What about your post was NOT negative about Zeigler or Smith?

Maybe Zeigler is breaking out and will be the steal of the class.

Duvall
12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't like to get into recruiting or negativity, but does anyone else think that Zeigler is a back-up plan for Roscoe Smith. He seems to have come out of nowhere and plays the same position as Smith, are the coaches thinking that we won't get Smith?

My guess is that the coaches think that Zeigler is a good player, and that Smith might choose one of his other two options, which he well might.

SBell
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Trey's hardly "breaking out." He's been considered one of the best players in this class nationally since middle school, and he's lived up to it ever since. He dominated in Vegas before his junior year; was the Detroit Free Press' No. 1 player in Michigan before his junior season, regardless of class; then led Team Detroit to the Big Time championship this past summer.

-bdbd
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
My guess is that the coaches think that Zeigler is a good player, and that Smith might choose one of his other two options, which he well might.

Gang - TZ is a terrific player in his own right. More than one recruiting service has had him ranked ahead of Roscoe Smith. The consensus seems to have them very close to one another in rankings - late 20's or early 30's in their class.

Nothing shocking in this, as many on these boards two years ago were lambasting the coaching staff for not casting a wide enough net.... Well, not so any more! Why wouldn't you want to have a couple options at what is obviously a need area for us. And it doesn't seems out of the question that the two of them could play together, though probably not. We'd be lucky to get either young man.

:cool: