PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present for Wife... Need Ideas!!!

ironduke2009
12-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Ok, my wife is a huge fan of Duke sports. Besides tickets, does anyone have good ideas for presents that are Duke-related ?

I found a couple of things in the Duke store, but I know some of you have some great ideas out there :-)

Indoor66
12-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Ok, my wife is a huge fan of Duke sports. Besides tickets, does anyone have good ideas for presents that are Duke-related ?

I found a couple of things in the Duke store, but I know some of you have some great ideas out there :-)

A game + weekend at The Washington Duke.

TheRose77
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Diamond earrings in a Duke blue box.

PSurprise
12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
A vacuum cleaner! Hahah! j/k

I've not found too many women to turn down a nice long massage, facial, pedicure, etc. Good luck!

JBDuke
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM

I've not found too many women to turn down a nice long massage, facial, pedicure, etc. Good luck!

And how would these be Duke-related, per the original poster's request? :rolleyes:

bluebutton
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Let's see, as a Duke alumna, fan, and wife off the top of my head, I'd love to get

1) tix to a game--at this pt any game any time
2) my diploma framed (although it may be in a different state rt now)
3) nice Duke coasters for the coffee table
4) a Duke flag for the front of the house--although I just moved to Austin, not sure how the UT fans would take it
5) A Duke fleece (women's cut of course)
6) possibly a Duke throw blanket
7) I'm not into jewelry personally, but the rt piece might be convincing
8) Coach K's book on the Olympics
9) A nice framed photo or illustration of the Duke Chapel
10) Per the season, Duke ornaments?

Hope this gets your idea mill going

allenmurray
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Lineberry and Company Jewelers has a collection of jewelry called the Trident collection which is Duke themed (and licensed by the university).

http://www.lineberryandcompany.com/shopup.html

http://www.lineberryandcompany.com/index.html

You can buy on-line or from their retail store on Hillandale Rd in Durham (1821 Hillandale Rd. - near the intersection of Hillnadale and I85/15-501)

soccerstud2210
12-07-2009, 02:52 PM
ebay. they have tons of duke stuff for sale

or if you want to take the easy way, just go with diamonds :)

diamonds never hurt anyone!

DevilWolf
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM

I giggle inside whenever my wife talks wanting to get a facial. That is one of those words that has two completely opposite meanings for guys and girls.

weezie
12-07-2009, 04:34 PM
I giggle inside whenever my wife talks wanting to get a facial. That is one of those words that has two completely opposite meanings for guys and girls.

:eek:

DukieInKansas
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Lineberry and Company Jewelers has a collection of jewelry called the Trident collection which is Duke themed (and licensed by the university).

http://www.lineberryandcompany.com/shopup.html

http://www.lineberryandcompany.com/index.html

You can buy on-line or from their retail store on Hillandale Rd in Durham (1821 Hillandale Rd. - near the intersection of Hillnadale and I85/15-501)

Some of this jewelry was very nice - I liked the trident & D in sapphires.

If you want some sparkle for much less money, Converse make sneakers covered in sequins. I have a pair of red but I believe they come in blue. Weezie - don't you have a pair of these?

rthomas
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Take her to the beach during bowl season. Play a little golf, eat some great food, get down tonight....get down tonight.

Just tell her:

Baby, babe, I'll meet you,
Same place, same time.
Where we all can get together.
And ease up our minds.

Play a little golf,
eat some great food,
get down tonight....get down tonight.

weezie
12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Some of this jewelry was very nice - I liked the trident & D in sapphires.

If you want some sparkle for much less money, Converse make sneakers covered in sequins. I have a pair of red but I believe they come in blue. Weezie - don't you have a pair of these?

They do indeed DinK! They would make a fabulous present...as long as my own singular coolness factor isn't compromised I would heartily recommend them as a great gift.

Highlander
12-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Replay Photos has some great Duke prints of classic moments. www.replayphotos.com

Jeffrey
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Let's see, as a Duke alumna, fan, and wife off the top of my head, I'd love to get

1) tix to a game--at this pt any game any time
2) my diploma framed (although it may be in a different state rt now)
3) nice Duke coasters for the coffee table
4) a Duke flag for the front of the house--although I just moved to Austin, not sure how the UT fans would take it
5) A Duke fleece (women's cut of course)
6) possibly a Duke throw blanket
7) I'm not into jewelry personally, but the rt piece might be convincing
8) Coach K's book on the Olympics
9) A nice framed photo or illustration of the Duke Chapel
10) Per the season, Duke ornaments?

Hope this gets your idea mill going

Your husband is a lucky man!

Chris4UNC
12-08-2009, 07:28 PM

The Conference Store has it all! Do you live near Greensboro? You can of course go to the web site. I could spend thousands in this store.

http://www.theconferencestore.com/
The Conference Storewww.theconferencestore.com

1218-R Bridford Pkwy.
Greensboro, NC 27407
(336) 292-0009

Chris4UNC
12-08-2009, 08:54 PM

:p That is too funny!

CathyCA
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Tickets to a game plus some diamond jewelry.

An autographed copy of Coach K's latest book plus some diamond jewelry.

devildeac
12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Tickets to a game plus some diamond jewelry.

An autographed copy of Coach K's latest book plus some diamond jewelry.

I am sensing a trend here...;)

Paging clbunchanumbers...:D

Fish80
12-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Bluebutton posted a great list! If your wife likes the details, the basketball yearbook is a nice gift.

wandalee
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM
I have a silver plated jewelry box from Lineberry. It has the Duke trident logo on it. It's a great piece!

bluebutton
12-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Your husband is a lucky man!

He went to CalTech, I think they won a game and a documentary was made about it. It's more like he endures my Duke love.