PDA

View Full Version : Your Dream College

dukieinhebron
12-06-2009, 10:14 AM
If you were a highly recruited basketball player and could go anywhere, where would you go besides Duke?

Myself I believe I would go to UCLA or Hawaii.

Azdukefan
12-06-2009, 10:29 AM
If you were a highly recruited basketball player and could go anywhere, where would you go besides Duke?

This was discussed recently but I never responded so if I could anywhere other than Duke, I would turn down all offers and attempt to be a manager at Duke in hopes for one day a spot to open up ;)! Why waste my time anywhere else?

G man
12-06-2009, 11:38 AM
This was discussed recently but I never responded so if I could anywhere other than Duke, I would turn down all offers and attempt to be a manager at Duke in hopes for one day a spot to open up ;)! Why waste my time anywhere else?

I like it! I for one would want to play where I could help a team grow. Probably with Tubby in Minnesota.

throatybeard
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
The following are place I sometimes wish I had gone instead of Duke. Ideally, one could go to Ugrad for about 8 years and split it up all over the place.

Indiana
West Virginia
Virginia Tech
Washington
Bard
Somewhere in the Rockies, Wyoming maybe

flyingdutchdevil
12-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Arizona State. And not because of the basketball ;)

sagegrouse
12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
The following are place I sometimes wish I had gone instead of Duke. Ideally, one could go to Ugrad for about 8 years and split it up all over the place.

................... Somewhere in the Rockies, Wyoming maybe

Children of my friends in Steamboat who want to ski through college often go to Montana State in Bozeman, which has a close-by ski hill and is about an hour from Big Sky, a serious montain. Not many of these guys finish in anything like 4 years.:):)

Unless you are into ranching and wind, you may find Laramie for the U. of Wyo. to be a challenge, but a lot of people seem to like it.

The world capital of risky hobbies seems to be in Boulder (CU), where there are lots of folks into sky-diving and motorized hang gliding (or whatever it's called); rock, mountain and ice climbing; white water sports; and ski/snowboard and other snow terrain stuff.

BTW, at all these places season ski passes for students are really cheap.

sagegrouse

SMO
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM

The UCLA lifestyle would be hard to beat.

allenmurray
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Children of my friends in Steamboat who want to ski through college often go to Montana State in Bozeman, which has a close-by ski hill and is about an hour from Big Sky, a serious montain. Not many of these guys finish in anything like 4 years.:):)

Unless you are into ranching and wind, you may find Laramie for the U. of Wyo. to be a challenge, but a lot of people seem to like it.

The world capital of risky hobbies seems to be in Boulder (CU), where there are lots of folks into sky-diving and motorized hang gliding (or whatever it's called); rock, mountain and ice climbing; white water sports; and ski/snowboard and other snow terrain stuff.

BTW, at all these places season ski passes for students are really cheap.

sagegrouse

The thin air?

johnb
12-06-2009, 03:21 PM
If I were me but metamorphosed into a Duke-caliber bball player without a Duke option? I'd go to Stanford and play under Dawkins without revealing that I'd graduated before he matriculated.

Otherwise, Texas (my homestate, so I'd probably pick it over UCLA), Harvard (with Amaker, though I'd have to take a 2nd look into his recruiting fiasco and see how he's panning out), Carolina (kidding).

Indoor66
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
The thin air?

You adjust in a couple of weeks.

sagegrouse
12-06-2009, 03:46 PM
The thin air?

I got off-topic because I began to riff on Rocky Mountain colleges, instead of the initial question about alternative destinations about highly ranked basketball players.

Thin air isn't the issue -- bad basketball is. Bozeman MT is lower than Denver or Boulder or Colorado Springs (4,950'). Nuggets do OK in Denver, and unhappily so did UNLV in 1990. It's not the altitude but the change in altitude. I can now go back and forth between sea level and 7,000' with scarcely any problem, but it was hard at first.

My own alternative to Duke would be somewhere in the Pac 10, probably one of the California schools: Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and USC in that order and then maybe Arizona. Seattle is a great town, but gray and drizzly most of the winter.

sagegrouse
'Hey! I'm Randy Denton. I think he was a fraternity brother, but after my time'

allenmurray
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Thin air isn't the issue -- bad basketball is.

You adjust in a couple of weeks.

Jokes are not funny if you have to explain them. I meant, is it the thin air (lack of oxygen to the brain) that causes people to do things like . . .

risky hobbies . . . in Boulder (CO), where there are lots of folks into sky-diving and motorized hang gliding (or whatever it's called); rock, mountain and ice climbing; white water sports; and ski/snowboard and other snow terrain stuff.

CLT Devil
12-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Gotta be USC...I hear their salary is pretty high for bball players. UCLA is in the better area but might be a little big. I could also go deep south like Ole Miss or Auburn. Arizona State has many assets that I find attractive.

G man
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Gotta be USC...I hear their salary is pretty high for bball players. UCLA is in the better area but might be a little big. I could also go deep south like Ole Miss or Auburn. Arizona State has many assets that I find attractive.

Getting paid. If they give homes to players families mabye I can get a free condo!

NovaScotian
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
props the throaty for Bard. If you're not trying to go pro, being 'the man' at a small D3 school where the extracurriculars are a huge part of campus life would be sweet.

obviously, i wouldnt play for royroy at carolina, but lets not kid ourselves - other than that, playing at carolina is a really really sweet deal.

oh, and also, st. john's.

BlueintheFace
12-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Italy

jdk
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
UCLA
Cal
Arizona State
College of Charleston
South Carolina

Regenman
12-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Stanford.

Smart athletic women everywhere (too bad their soccer team lost today to UNC). Silicon Valley start-up mentality among the undergrads. Excellent road biking up in Skyline. Great mountain biking in the same hills. Bouldering at Castle Rock. Climbing at Pinnacles. Tahoe within driving distance. Total dream school for my family (we kids ended up at Duke and Yale).

dukestheheat
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Probably Kansas. They really follow their team out there and Self is a great coach; also, I'd love to put myself in place to actually see a tornado up close. I figure Kansas, being in Tornado Alley, would give me the best chance.

Only thing is I'd get really, really homesick for the beach so that might be tough. And since I'd be on a basketball scholarship, they probably would NOT let me kiteboard. And even if I did get permission to kb, where in the world on the prairie can I?

dth.

Indoor66
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Probably Kansas. They really follow their team out there and Self is a great coach; also, I'd love to put myself in place to actually see a tornado up close. I figure Kansas, being in Tornado Alley, would give me the best chance.

Only thing is I'd get really, really homesick for the beach so that might be tough. And since I'd be on a basketball scholarship, they probably would NOT let me kiteboard. And even if I did get permission to kb, where in the world on the prairie can I?

dth.

They do have cleared areas in Kansas! :rolleyes:

dukestheheat
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
^^^^^

Like really large lakes? I need about a mile or so of water.

dth.

sivartrenrag
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Not sure where I would go, but I would definitely give the coach a silent verbal and then string Carolina along until the last second to destroy their chances with other top recruits.

DukieBoy
12-06-2009, 09:20 PM
This is a tough call. I'd be incline to go somewhere where a Duke alum is, so naturally OU and Stanford come to mind. However, I'd also want to go to somewhere where basketball is huge, so schools like Kansas, Indiana, UCLA are brought up.

If push come to shove, I'd prolly go to IU (still). Great tradition and things are really looking up. And Crean seems like a great coach. And the fans here are extremely passionate.

Poincaré
12-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Being the devious kind, I would love to go to UNC and destroy the team from the inside after studying all the NCAA regulations I can and trying all the things that would get them into the worst kind of trouble. I would also make secret recordings of Roy's locker room bull and write a tell-all book. Assuming I go pro, I would reveal my true allegiances by ripping open my shirt to reveal a Duke jersey after shaking David Stern's hand. Ok, to be honest, I copied that scenario from a wrestling match.

Barring that possibility, yes, I'd probably try to walk-on at Duke.

If we're not allowed to say Duke, then anywhere a Duke alum is coaching (Oklahoma, Harvard, Stanford) would be good.

airowe
12-06-2009, 10:51 PM
^^^^^

Like really large lakes? I need about a mile or so of water.

dth.

Clinton Lake is just outside of Lawrence and is pretty damn big. They call it the beach there.

As far as the question, I'd have to with Gonzaga. Love that name. Plus, I'd fit right in. Short white guy with shaggy hair and a ten times better pass than shot.

-bdbd
12-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Gotta be USC...I hear their salary is pretty high for b-ball players. UCLA is in the better area but might be a little big. I could also go deep south like Ole Miss or Auburn. Arizona State has many assets that I find attractive.

Nah, Kentucky pays much better for B-ball!

My top would be Stanford b/c I went to high school 20 minutes away, love the campus, the weather, the location, and a degree from there really means something (if BB didn't work out)...and their coach ain't half-bad either!

After that it is tough to differentiate. Maybe something like:
Notre Dame
Harvard
UCLA
Texas
Arizona State (reputed to have the best scenery anywhere -- the two-legged kind of course) ;)
Gotta admit the poster suggesting Italy had a a good thought too, though France wouldn't be too bad either.

:D:D:D

BlueintheFace
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM

dth.

how's your left hook?

DukeBlueNikeShox
12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Florida and UConn

SeattleIrish
12-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I'd go UVA. Very good school, and I really do miss seeing them being competitive.

s.i.

blueprofessor
12-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Stanford
Yale
Hahvahd
Haverford
Williams
Rice

All beautiful campuses, great academics,excellent coaching, and highly literate teammates.Tremendously competitive attitudes. Stanford was so open and spacious 40 years ago, you could walk to the stadium and cross only one narrow street---a big, beautiful farm. Haverford's campus is a national arboretum. Superb libraries and intelligent, attractive women in every school.:)
Montana State (Bozeman) is too cold-- reaches -50 degrees in winter but great skiing at Bridger Bowl and Big Sky, as well as invigorating climate from June-October. Best fly fishing in Montana in 90 mile radius.:cool:

Best regards--Blueprofessor

micah75
12-07-2009, 07:48 AM
IUPUI - just becuz of da way it's pronounced.

Detroit - cuz Vitale used to coach there.

Stanford - for reasons already mentioned. Plus, Chelsea went there.

ironduke2009
12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I would pick Florida if I could not get accepted into Duke. I hear that is a really fun school, and I do not like cold weather, heheheh! But if I did get into Duke, I like the idea of choosing Duke, and being the team manager and trying to walk on before choosing to go to any other school.

Richard Berg
12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Harvard, Indiana, or UT-Austin.

On the basketball side you have Tommy, amazing tradition, or a frequent (if not yet perennial) national power, not to mention Coach G. All 3 have terrific Computer Science faculty. And all 3 have excellent music programs (though wildly different in structure): Harvard has the most multitalented student base and offers cross registration at NEC et al, Indiana has a full blown conservatory; UT's music school has neither but is far more solid than Duke or Stanford or even UNC.

Reddevil
12-07-2009, 11:04 AM
I still don't understand why Hawaii isn't dominant in all sports and academics. West Point would be my second choice.

davekay1971
12-07-2009, 11:07 AM
If I couldn't play for Duke, I'd just be shallow and play where the parties are best and aesthetic appeal of the coeds are high.

Rick Barnes...Billy Donovan...don't much care for 'em, but your schools have some appeal :D

DukeBlueDevils47
12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
ive actually thought of this before. if i had to choose anywhere other than the great Duke University, it would be between Kansas(great tradition), Syracuse (would love to play for Boeheim), Furman University (brother goes there, campus is great, would love to give Davidson a beat down), Tennessee(love the state and pearls got them on the rise), as of now the only Pac-10 school i would consider would be Stanford because of Dawkins.

Channing
12-07-2009, 01:03 PM
St. Johns ... can you imagine the star power if you were able to turn that team around and make them competitive for the sweet 16 every year? No better place to be a star than in NYC.

If not St. John, then GaTech, to play in front of the home crowd.

cspan37421
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Stanford
Wake Forest
maybe UVA - not sure I'd like current coach's style.

Azdukefan
12-07-2009, 01:38 PM
Not sure where I would go, but I would definitely give the coach a silent verbal and then string Carolina along until the last second to destroy their chances with other top recruits.

This post made my day. Would you be willing to show up on Ole Roy's birthday in a UNC shirt too?

NYC Duke Fan
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Stanford, Harvard, Princeton or Yale...Anyone one of the 4 because I would love to have that degree on my resume.

lpd1982
12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Gonzaga
St. Johns
Villanova-if I could erase the memory of last year's game form my mind and Taylor King had graduated

allenmurray
12-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I still don't understand why Hawaii isn't dominant in all sports and academics.

I agree - how could you not want to go there.

DeepBlue70
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
1. Have to agree with the poster that said UVA. Great school, great campus, and I think Bennett is going to get it done there. He's also a high character guy. (Of course, I had two kids go there and I sure did love the time I spent there.)

2. Wake Forest

3. Villanova

oldnavy
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Seems like most folks are choosing locations vice schools. So, I would have to chose either SDSU (can't beat the weather in SD), or a mountain school (VT, would be nice) since I spent so many years near or on the ocean! :p

dukestheheat
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Clinton Lake is just outside of Lawrence and is pretty damn big. They call it the beach there.

As far as the question, I'd have to with Gonzaga. Love that name. Plus, I'd fit right in. Short white guy with shaggy hair and a ten times better pass than shot.

....they have a huge lake with a beach, well, that solves it, particularly if there are some bikinis walking around over there. That helps many things.

dth.

gep
12-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Stanford... no question for me... :D

gep
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I still don't understand why Hawaii isn't dominant in all sports and academics.

A few things I've heard... WAC isn't the most powerful of conferences... travel distance/time (meaning to/from home, family, etc)... TV exposure... *very* late EST coverage of Hawaii games (usually about midnight EST)...

PhillyDuke
12-08-2009, 04:46 AM
I'd go to PENN.

CLT Devil
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
....they have a huge lake with a beach, well, that solves it, particularly if there are some bikinis walking around over there. That helps many things.

dth.

Who needs a lake to Kiteboard...all you need is heavy equipment. Don't know about the Bikinis on this scene however....

http://i48.tinypic.com/2r6lbvm.jpg

allenmurray
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
A few things I've heard... WAC isn't the most powerful of conferences... travel distance/time (meaning to/from home, family, etc)... TV exposure... *very* late EST coverage of Hawaii games (usually about midnight EST)...

Those are all very real negatives. On the positive side Hawaii is located in Hawaii. That is hard to beat. :)

BlueDevilCorvette!
12-08-2009, 10:28 AM
My first choice would be UCLA. I fell in love with California during my first visit to San Diego (Camp Pendleton). UCLA has a strong fan base, proud tradition of winning, and plenty of eye candy!

My second choice would be East Carolina University. It would be nice to be a key player on a team to ignite the excitement of winning thus serving as a catalyst in getting the community support and involvement in a program that has been dormant for years.

hurleyfor3
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Stanford, Harvard, Princeton or Yale...Anyone one of the 4 because I would love to have that degree on my resume.

I'd narrow it down to just Harvard or Princeton. Who the hell wants to spend four years in New Haven, and Stanford doesn't have quite the clout as the others do in the field I ended up in.

If career weren't an object (or put another way, if I were to end up doing the same thing after basketball regardless of where I had gone) I'd give the U. of New Mexico serious consideration. Great climate, pleasant campus, lots of interesting stuff to do in the vicinity and at least some cachet in basketball. Throw U. of Utah in there as well, although the culture would have seemed stifling to me as a college kid.

Devils Rock
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
It's interesting to me that so many people are picking schools that are nothing like Duke at all. Not sure how many people one here are Duke grads, but I would think that the Duke grads went to Duke because they fell in love with Duke. I would also think they would look for similar qualities in another school if they couldn't attend Duke. For that reason, I get the Stanford and Wake Forest type of responses, but don't really get the Florida and UCLA type of responses. Nothing against those schools, but other than being strong basketball schools, they don't have much in common with Duke. As an example, UCLA was in my backyard growing up, but I was never interested in going there (regardless of the eye candy) because it was a big, impersonal state school. Pretty strong academics and good social scene, but I'm here to tell you that Pauley Pavillion is an absolute graveyard compared to Cameron. There are documeted cases of students being removed from Pauley for standing up and blocking other fans' views during games. That is not the type of basketball environment I would want to play in.

For me, I would say the aforementiond Stanford, Princeton or Wake Forest. If I did somehow go to a bigger school, I might pick Utah for the the incredible access to the Wasatch range (world class skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing within 40 minutes) or might go to UCSB (even better "scenery" than UCLA and they actually have a beach on campus.

SupaDave
12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I'm shocked at the amount of thought that I've put into this but I used three factors - location/climate, reputation, and adulation. Based on these three there's no way I would live anywhere cold and I had to go somewhere that the program gets some bball props. After much hand wringing I narrowed my choices down to Georgetown (moderate cold) and the Univ. of Texas (Austin is quite nice).

weezie
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Well, I'm one of those dorks who can't imagine going anywhere but Duke.
Maybe Princeton might have had more panache, and Stanford a better climate but I don't look that good in orange and black, or red and white.
So, it's the sleek coolness of Duke Blue for this dork always and forever.

Duke: A Dynasty
09-22-2010, 10:40 PM
hmmm kinda depends on how good of a basketball player i was. If i was a stud then id wanna go to Stanford to help Dawkins coaching carrer take off. If i was a high 3 star or 4 star recruit then Kansas for the tradition and championship caliber team. And if i was just ok then id want Miami for the scenery mmmm miami college girls :cool:. i kinda wanna put Texas in here for consideration but i got no idea whats its like there

AZLA
09-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I'd narrow it down to just Harvard or Princeton. Who the hell wants to spend four years in New Haven, and Stanford doesn't have quite the clout as the others do in the field I ended up in.

If career weren't an object (or put another way, if I were to end up doing the same thing after basketball regardless of where I had gone) I'd give the U. of New Mexico serious consideration. Great climate, pleasant campus, lots of interesting stuff to do in the vicinity and at least some cachet in basketball. Throw U. of Utah in there as well, although the culture would have seemed stifling to me as a college kid.

Nice, UNM, Can I get a shout out for Luke Longley and The Pitt?! Too bad they had they had Bliss, but I agree, there's is a unique program, school and great home court location. Also good point (earlier) about East Carolina -- it's unfortunate that with the money they poured into their basketball facilities that they can't get a highly competitive program going. The shadows of NC, NCState, Wake and Duke cast too long for the Pirates. ASU provides many worthy distractions, but I still don't understand why they can't put together a top 10 team with Arizona not dominating like it used to. The location, weather and variety of entertainment, plus the history in Westwood makes UCLA my top non-Duke pick. My alternate would be Pepperdine.

uh_no
09-23-2010, 12:20 AM
uconn

mattman91
09-23-2010, 12:26 AM
NC State so I could major in farming.

duke09hms
09-23-2010, 12:46 AM
EASY answer.

Only one other school most closely approaches Duke's singular mix of elite academics, academics, and diversity:

Stanford

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
A huge deal has been made lately of the artistic talents of Duke athletes, and since my school, The Corcoran, still does not have any teams in anything I've got to think of those that do. Top of the list..ECU. Actually my list stops there. Since it is "my basketball player's dream college", I'm going to ECU and getting my bachelor's of fine arts degree again. While I'm at it, hopefully I'm helping ECU get recognized for more than a party attitude and a football team. By the time I graduate, I'm hanging nets for the fans and hanging paintings in galleries.

4decadedukie
09-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Couldn't attend Duke! I, too, am one of those individuals who have a difficult time with the very idea (my blood is running cold at this moment); however, under the premise of this thread, I would opt for: NAVY.

Clearly, the USNA and Patriot League play are not known for the production of NBA superstars (notwithstanding David Robinson). However, there are many things in life that are much more important -- especially now, with the US at war, in economic crisis, and so forth -- then college and professional sports. I would look toward my 45+ productive years after undergraduate school and base my decision on the best aggregate preparation for that lengthy span, not just my life's probably brief "basketball period." Further, I would acknowledge that there are a handful of top-tier universities (Duke certainly included) that equal (or even marginally exceed) Navy in intellectual preparation; however, the matters of leadership, character, and peers who are dedicated to ideals larger than themselves would be decisive in my decision. Finally, with due respect for the other service academies, attendance at Air Force or Army would be nightmarish, similar to imagining myself matriculated at UNC Chapel Hill.

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2010, 08:12 AM
I would opt for: NAVY.

David "The Admiral" Robinson likes your thinking.

sdotbarbee
09-23-2010, 08:33 AM
1. Georgetown(love it's location)
2. UVA(love the campus)
3. Florida(have you seen the women who go to UF?):D

flyingdutchdevil
09-23-2010, 09:01 AM
1. Stanford (Duke of the West)
2. Georgetown (fun campus and good academics)
3. Hawaii (why not? I'd probably not be good enough to play in the NBA. Why not enough the Hawaiian sun and get a full ride at the same time?)

dukeballboy88
09-23-2010, 09:24 AM
Id go to a college that I could still be able to drop 40 on the tarheels in the snooze dome and send the baby shower blue wearing fans to the exits early.

flyingdutchdevil
09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Id go to a college that I could still be able to drop 40 on the tarheels in the snooze dome and send the baby shower blue wearing fans to the exits early.

That would be Maryland. And your name would be Grevies Vazquez.

dball
09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Definitely think of UVA, great school and cool town. Believe Tony B will have them consistently competitive shortly.

Of course, thinking of Tony Bennett, have to think of San Francisco which leads me to a nearby (well closer than Durham) school...Stanford. Had same architect as Central Park plus Johnny is their coach...

St. John's...would be really cool to live in the city.

BD80
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Gotta go with Stanford, if it can't be Duke.

Real question is, where do you go for the other four official visits?

1. ASU
2. UCLA
3. USC
4. unc

At unc I'd blow in ol' roy's ear and make him all kinds of promises and see what they were willing to provide - in terms of escorts, assistance and transportation. I would ask to meet all of the "special" boosters. Then on signing day I would Skype ol' roy so I could see his face, pick Stanford and announce I would be turning over all the evidence I acquired to the NCAA.

Oh hell, since I would know I wanted to go to Stanford, I would take my 5th visit to UF or FSU, to let them try to persuade me.

JohnGalt
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Seems like most folks are choosing locations vice schools. So, I would have to chose either SDSU (can't beat the weather in SD), or a mountain school (VT, would be nice) since I spent so many years near or on the ocean!

One can never spend too many years next to the ocean. Once the salt's in, it's in.

Finally, with due respect for the other service academies, attendance at Air Force or Army would be nightmarish, similar to imagining myself matriculated at UNC Chapel Hill.

*sigh*

I could never come up with anything good to respond to "JV Navy" while at Kings Point. You just sort of had to turn your head and say...

"That one was just...well...good. Durn it."

noyac
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM

You would probably choose the Charleston then.

BD80
09-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Gotta go with Stanford, if it can't be Duke.

Real question is, where do you go for the other four official visits?

1. ASU
2. UCLA
3. USC
4. unc

At unc I'd blow in ol' roy's ear and make him all kinds of promises and see what they were willing to provide - in terms of escorts, assistance and transportation. I would ask to meet all of the "special" boosters. Then on signing day I would Skype ol' roy so I could see his face, pick Stanford and announce I would be turning over all the evidence I acquired to the NCAA.

Oh hell, since I would know I wanted to go to Stanford, I would take my 5th visit to UF or FSU, to let them try to persuade me.

Oh yeah, and when I met MJ I'd say, "Dude, you got OLD!"