PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Wisconsin

Jumbo
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Who was the Man of the Match vs. Wisconsin?

Welcome2DaSlopes
12-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Andre. Kyle played great. But he had too many last mistakes. Andre kept us in the game late.

lpd1982
12-02-2009, 11:22 PM
FireOgilvie who said we should have put Andre in and kept him in earlier. JK, Singler. But I wonder if he felt he had to put on a one man show. At the end of the first half he looked beat but he was still driving and not even looking to make a pass.

theAlaskanBear
12-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Singler, but I can't give it to him because of that boneheaded pass.

Dawkins, because he single-handedly kept us in the game, on only four shots.

NSDukeFan
12-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Tough ending for Kyle, but he kept us in the game for most of it. Great shooting by Andre though. He impresses me more and more all the time.

wolfpackdevil
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I thought that Kyle Singler played amazing in the 1st half, but he looked horrible shooting, and made very poor decisions late in the game.

Dawkins hit some big threes late, but that's about it.

I think overall it was Kyle Singler. He might have made bad decisions late, but if it wasn't for him this game would have been over at halftime.

dukestheheat
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Dawkins was a S-T-A-R, no doubt about it......but the MOTM goes to Kyle Singler; without him doing what he did tonight, it would have been ugly I think. He's a big time player and did so, consistently, for Duke tonight.

dth.

DukieBoy
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I give my first half vote to Kyle and my second half vote to Andre.

bfree
12-02-2009, 11:35 PM
In a way Bo Ryan's somewhat cocky halftime speech was right. Kyle made absurd shots in the first half and just couldn't replicate the performance in the last twenty. MOM has to be Dawkins in my opinion.

Acymetric
12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Kyle had a lot of great plays, but he had an awful lot of poor plays to go with. I'm sure part of it was him feeling like he had to carry the team, but he (and Nolan) need to learn not to force things, especially when there's plenty of time on the clock in a close game. Dawkins kept us in this game at the end, and 4-4 shooting ain't bad. Gotta give it to the kid.

Johnboy
12-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Voted with my brain, which said Singler, but my heart said Dawkins. I love this team. We're going to be really good this year. I hate that we lost and that the ACC lost the Challenge, but as has been said on another thread, this team and our players are really easy to love. We'll be fine.

When I read that Ryan/Wisconsin had only lost 10 games at home, well, I realized it's a tough, tough place to play - and we gave them quite a scare there at the end.

jv001
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Kyle had a lot of great plays, but he had an awful lot of poor plays to go with. I'm sure part of it was him feeling like he had to carry the team, but he (and Nolan) need to learn not to force things, especially when there's plenty of time on the clock in a close game. Dawkins kept us in this game at the end, and 4-4 shooting ain't bad. Gotta give it to the kid.

Was a toss up and I gave my vote to Kyle. He scored, rebounded, played good defense. Andre once again showed he is a good spot up shooter, but his defense was pretty bad. Most everyone played bad d. I hope Andre can work on his defense and get more mins. We can use his instant offense. Go Duke!

gep
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
I like Andre. For a freshman, 7th college game, missing the entire summer, in a *very* hostile road environment where the home team hardly loses, and being able to hit those 3's late in the game... he's going to be special :D

Welcome2DaSlopes
12-03-2009, 12:42 AM
This game kyle scored 28 points which happened to be his game high.

zkz90
12-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Conflict: the guy who kept the boat afloat for most of the game and choked at the end or the guy who didn't really play until the end where he was perfect from the 3 to give Duke the closest margin since its was 2-2.

I voted for Dre just because he was clutch and Singler was not.

juise
12-03-2009, 01:07 AM
That game is completely out of hand in the first half if not for Kyle's hot shooting at the start. He didn't finish particularly strong, but I still think he deserves the nod.

feldspar
12-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Andre by a landslide.

I'll never award POTG to someone who biffs it on the last shot and then smiles about it.

BlueintheFace
12-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Kyle is the reason this didn't turn into Clemson from last year guys. He had a career high. Did he make mistakes in the closing minute? Yes. Probably should have gone with the step back on the drive that he likes. His pass was off. Okay... but look at his numbers and then those of the rest of the team.

socaldukie
12-03-2009, 01:47 AM
singler barely....

Bob Green
12-03-2009, 02:30 AM
I voted for Andre Dawkins because he was Mr. Clutch down the stretch. Those were big time shots and Dawkins didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Through seven games, Dawkins is shooting 55.5% (20-36) from behind the 3-point arc. That is impressive.

DukieBoy
12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Andre by a landslide.

I'll never award POTG to someone who biffs it on the last shot and then smiles about it.

But if it wasn't for that player, we wouldn't have had a shot late in the game to tie it.

CDu
12-03-2009, 11:48 AM
People keep saying that Dawkins singlehandedly gave us a chance. They're ignoring the fact that he did nothing at all for the first 35 minutes of the game. Without Singler literally carrying the offense in the first half, this game would have been out of hand and we'd probably have been seeing Dawkins take those late threes with Kelly, Czyz, Davidson, and Johnson on the floor.

Admittedly, Singler had some rough moments down the stretch, while Dawkins had a great shooting night down the stretch, but Singler was in my opinion the man of the match. It's a 40-minute game - not a game of the last 3 minutes.

Battierfan01
12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
My vote was for Kyle. Singler may have been a little careless with the ball late in the game, but he was amazing for most of the game (especially the first ten minutes). I was really impressed with Dre late in the game, but I think that without Singler, those Dawkins 3's would not have matter. I also must say that this is one of the few Duke losses that I have felt "OK" about. I really LOVE this team and I loved the way they just kept on fighting in the end. This team may very well go down as one of my all-time favorites. :)

Jeffrey
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
IMO, Kyle had a much better overall performance. IMO, MOTM should be measured on both sides of the ball.

Jeffrey
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Andre by a landslide.

I prefer to laugh at my mistakes instead of crying about them.

Classof06
12-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Dawkins was magnificent.

But without Singler, Duke loses by 25 last night and Dawkins' shots just aren't as big.

Wander
12-03-2009, 04:16 PM
People keep saying that Dawkins singlehandedly gave us a chance. They're ignoring the fact that he did nothing at all for the first 35 minutes of the game. Without Singler literally carrying the offense in the first half, this game would have been out of hand and we'd probably have been seeing Dawkins take those late threes with Kelly, Czyz, Davidson, and Johnson on the floor.

Without Singler, this game is just as lopsided as Clemson last year. That's how poorly everyone else played. I'm glad that Dawkins hit some late shots to give us a chance to win, but Singler was FAR better.