PDA

View Full Version : I have a student...

Lord Ash
12-02-2009, 07:55 PM
... whose favorite team is Duke. And, to top it off, this sixth graders favorite player?

Jon Scheyer.

Excellent role model in all respects, if you ask me.

Anyway, just thought I would share that quick story:)

DevilHorns
12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
... whose favorite team is Duke. And, to top it off, this sixth graders favorite player?

Jon Scheyer.

Not sure what grade/class you teach, but I feel this deserves extra credit :D

Hancock 4 Duke
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I am a sixth grader, but my favorite player is Andre Dawkins. Scheyer is a CLOSE second though!

Poincaré
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Jon Scheyer.

This boy/girl is going places, I tell ya.

mgtr
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Jon Scheyer has to be the most underrated player in the history of Duke basketball. He is really fabulous.

Lord Ash
12-02-2009, 09:20 PM
He is a sixth grader. Bright kid, extremely responsible, wants to go to Duke too. If I gave extra credit, he'd get some for it... he DID make sure to wear all Duke stuff the first day of school...

Devilsfan
12-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Hope you're very poor, have lots of money, or he's a stellar athlete.

nyr484
12-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Hope you're very poor, have lots of money, or he's a stellar athlete.

I don't get it. You name yourself devilsfan but you sound like a terps fan.

Edouble
12-03-2009, 02:36 AM
I don't get it. You name yourself devilsfan but you sound like a terps fan.

I am missing the joke too. :confused:

gumbomoop
12-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I am missing the joke too. :confused:

I'd guess Devilsfan wasn't making a joke; rather, the issue DF refers to is probably how very difficult it is for the real middle class family to afford the cost of an education at a highly selective private college/university.

DukieBoy
12-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd guess Devilsfan wasn't making a joke; rather, the issue DF refers to is probably how very difficult it is for the real middle class family to afford the cost of an education at a highly selective private college/university.

I think he meant more that, if you're very poor, the college will pitch in a lot of financial aid. For example, I'm essentially getting paid $1200 a semester to attend IU.