PDA

View Full Version : Uefa

Lavabe
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Liverpool 5, Chelsea 1...penalties, that is.
Chelsea goes home, Liverpool advances to the final.

What a thrashing! :D

Cheers,
Lavabe

Deslok
05-02-2007, 09:35 AM
To be technical, it was 4-1 on penalties, Kuyt's conversion clinched it for Liverpool, so Chelsea skipped their last 2 and Liverpool skipped their last 1. But an impressive performance at Anfield - both sides dominated their homefield, and really should have come away with better than 1-0 results(of course, I thought Kuyt's rebound goal was onside so it should have been 2-0, but oh well). Was laughable to see Morinho whine in the post game press conference that the better team lost the game, because for large stretches Chelsea was getting taken to the woodshed.

We'll see tonight if Man U can make it an all English final, don't exactly like them, but dislike them less than I do AC Milan. And so much for a trio of huge matches with Chelsea to end the season. Down to just the FA cup final, barring a major league stumble.

Lavabe
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
To be technical, it was 4-1 on penalties, Kuyt's conversion clinched it for Liverpool, so Chelsea skipped their last 2 and Liverpool skipped their last 1. But an impressive performance at Anfield - both sides dominated their homefield, and really should have come away with better than 1-0 results(of course, I thought Kuyt's rebound goal was onside so it should have been 2-0, but oh well). Was laughable to see Morinho whine in the post game press conference that the better team lost the game, because for large stretches Chelsea was getting taken to the woodshed.

We'll see tonight if Man U can make it an all English final, don't exactly like them, but dislike them less than I do AC Milan. And so much for a trio of huge matches with Chelsea to end the season. Down to just the FA cup final, barring a major league stumble.

So it's AC Milan and Liverpool. I hope the final turns out like the one two years ago.

Chelsea's PK performance was not unlike that of UNC's basketball OT vs. Georgetown.

In other words, in PKs, Chelsea pulled a Carolina.:D

Cheers,
Lavabe