PDA

View Full Version : Joe Alleva confirms possible football violations at LSU

MHNOLADevil
12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Bad news for ex-Duke AD now at LSU (www.2theadvocate.com/news/78197777.html)

Bluedog
12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me...

The investigation primarily involves one assistant football coach and one current student athlete who has not played in a game this season [...] The investigation is ongoing but should not result in any possible game forfeitures because the player in question has not clocked any game minutes.

weezie
12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
My Loooosiana grown husband gets apoplectic during LSU games, his mantra being "Stupid idiot Les Miles." Sometimes, just for fun, we bring up Lester's name just to watch the fireworks.

JaMarcus Russell
12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
His name is actually Leslie...even worse, I know. :D He's certainly not known for his clock management skills or his coherent public speaking.

The violations are connected to the departing wide receivers coach, DJ McCarthy, and the recruit in question is a JUCO player from California who didn't play for LSU at all in the season. That's probably because the Athletic Department knew about the situation and didn't want to use an ineligible player. I'm just surprised that the coach wasn't fired right off the bat for the violation, and they allowed him to keep coaching as a lame duck for the rest of the year.

I can't figure out how much this will affect LSU, but I don't think it will be anything that will cripple the program.

roywhite
12-01-2009, 04:19 PM

Yeah, just ran the boat up on the rocks a little. Joe can handle that kind of problem.

BD80
12-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, just ran the boat up on the rocks a little. Joe can handle that kind of problem.

You sure the boat stopped? Are we there yet?

NovaScotian
12-01-2009, 07:55 PM

ftw!

DU82
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM

I'm sure it's big enough to put Cleveland State on probation for a year for this SEC team's violations.