PDA

View Full Version : need help

moonpie23
12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
after scanning the UK board (cat pause) for the last week or so, i had an irrational desire for the heels to mop the floor with them.

has anyone else fallen victim to this dreaded mental lapse?

is there something i can do to counter this ?

y'all know me.....this is just not right...

uh_no
12-01-2009, 01:35 AM
after scanning the UK board (cat pause) for the last week or so, i had an irrational desire for the heels to mop the floor with them.

well can we hope for UNC to lose to UK then uconn to beat UK? which is alright since we already beat uconn

JG Nothing
12-01-2009, 02:05 AM

I have old high school classmates from Alabama as friends on Facebook. After the Alabama-Auburn game, the Auburn fans were wishing the Alabama fans good luck against Florida in the SEC championship game. It was pathetic. Get with the program. unc is our rival, not Kentucky. Please channel your hatred appropriately.

JaMarcus Russell
12-01-2009, 02:37 AM
I really hesitate to suggest this to anyone, but if you want to reaffirm your hatred of UNC, you may want to check out the free section of the UNC fan site on Scout. You will have your priorities back in order in no time.:D

wisteria
12-01-2009, 02:38 AM
moonpie, you are not alone.

I also found myself secretly rooting for the heels to whip kentucky after reading catspause. :o I cured it though, by reading more IC materials. Now I've got my priorities right. :D

wisteria
12-01-2009, 02:40 AM
I really hesitate to suggest this to anyone, but if you want to reaffirm your hatred of UNC, you may want to check out the free section of the UNC fan site on Scout. You will have your priorities back in order in no time.:D

LOL. I posted almost exactly same thing one minute after you did. :)

oldnavy
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM

You are not the first to struggle with such issues.
Romans 7:15
"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. "

calltheobvious
12-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I have old high school classmates from Alabama as friends on Facebook. After the Alabama-Auburn game, the Auburn fans were wishing the Alabama fans good luck against Florida in the SEC championship game. It was pathetic. Get with the program. unc is our rival, not Kentucky. Please channel your hatred appropriately.

+1. I'm happy I know no such Auburn fans.

Besides, rooting for Kentucky over UNC gives us all the possibility for a win-win: Carolina loses on-court, then Calipari's victory is expunged in a year or two.

superdave
12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
UNC fans are insufferable. That is far worse than UK fans who are just delusional.

moonpie23
12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
UNC fans are insufferable. That is far worse than UK fans who are just delusional.

this puts it into the appropriate perspective......thank you all.... it helps to remember WHY i don't read IC as well...

DukieInKansas
12-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm still rooting for a meteor strike with no injuries. :o

UrinalCake
12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm still rooting for a meteor strike with no injuries. :o

And for John Wall and Harrison Barnes to reach a mutual epiphany, realize they picked the wrong schools, and both decide to come to Duke instead.

moonpie23
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
or the score tied 88-88 in the second overtime when they call a bogus 5th foul on Wall and then the lights go out in the building...

there.....THAT should do it...

oldnavy
12-01-2009, 10:21 AM
I love these games, you can't lose! Either way you come away glad that one of the teams lost!!

Dukiedevil
12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I live in the middle UK country... Their fans are much worse than UNC fans. I have at least had rational conversations with UNC fans before. Kentucky fans immediately say "I hate Duke" and refuse to listen to anything other than UK is the greatest thing to ever happen.

DukieInKansas
12-01-2009, 10:38 AM
I will be rooting for Kentucky because I respect some of their fans. OK - the only one I "know" - KenTankerous.

91_92_01_10_15
12-01-2009, 10:55 AM

Or the comments section after any article on WRALSportsFan. The "discussion" after the recent UCONN win was hilarious. It reminds me of my "discussions" about sports with my classmates in 3rd grade.

ChicagoCrazy84
12-01-2009, 10:56 AM
I understand eveyone's reasoning to cheer for Kentucky, but how about internally rooting for UNC for the sake of the ACC? I think with non-conference games, especially big ones, I would cheer for the ACC team. Being a Duke fan, I will always defend the ACC as being the best in the country and wins like this would reaffirm those feeelings. Eh??

hurleyfor3
12-01-2009, 11:02 AM
I understand eveyone's reasoning to cheer for Kentucky, but how about internally rooting for UNC for the sake of the ACC? I think with non-conference games, especially big ones, I would cheer for the ACC team. Being a Duke fan, I will always defend the ACC as being the best in the country and wins like this would reaffirm those feeelings. Eh??

No. The rest of the ACC has quit rooting for us in such cases. Screw them.

BTW, Carolina is 3-0 all-time when I've rooted for them, but the last such game was almost 10 years ago.

BlueintheFace
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNfGkb0HfA&feature=related

there you go....

or just watch this and see how you feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RELP_NRB8Q&feature=PlayList&p=F623E0D10E22AD37&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=37

superdave
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
The only thing I root for with UNC is that their team plane arrives safely. I dont wish any tragedy upon them. That's the best I can do.

Sometimes it makes me feel very immature and like I have a long way to go in life, but I hate those people with every ounce of my being. So I typically just keep my mouth shut and smile.

moonpie23
12-01-2009, 11:44 AM
thanks to all of you....i feel better now.....i have my priority list back in order.

UK doesn't even matter....

Edouble
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
or just watch this and see how you feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RELP_NRB8Q&feature=PlayList&p=F623E0D10E22AD37&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=37

I feel like throwing up. That's how I feel.

I don't know why I even clicked on that. I already had my priorities in order.

Ugh.

GLTBD
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM

Come to work with me for a day and sit by UNC alumni for 8 hours. Guarantee you will not have this problem again.

Heelkiller1
12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I would root for the Iraqi national team before i rooted for unc.lol.GO DUKE

moonpie23
12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
when i think back, i really believe that my thought process was more like "UNC IS GONNA WHIP YALL YOU DELUSIONAL UK TWERPS" more so than "I WISH UNC WOULD WHIP YOU"

so...