PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Scheyer

jimsumner
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM
From the ACC

"Duke’s Jon Scheyer has been named ACC Player of the Week while Wake Forest’s C.J. Harris garnered ACC Rookie of the Week honors.

Scheyer was named Most Outstanding Player of the NIT Season Tip-Off tournament after leading the Duke to wins over Arizona State and No. 13 Connecticut. On the week, Scheyer averaged 17.5 points, 5.5 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

The Northbrook, Ill., native had 16 points, six assists and four rebounds in a 64-53 semifinal win over Arizona State. Two nights later, the senior guard had a game-high 19 points, five assists, four rebounds and three steals in Duke's 68-59 championship game victory over Connecticut."

Duvall
11-30-2009, 04:26 PM
This is getting to be a habit.

jv001
11-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Way to go Jon. Let's keep this up. Beat the Badgers. Go Duke!

ivydevil
11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
That's great! I don't want to look too far ahead, but I have a strong feeling that the ACC Player of the Year award will go to a Blue Devil. :D

Duvall
11-30-2009, 05:30 PM
That's great! I don't want to look too far ahead, but I have a strong feeling that the ACC Player of the Year award will go to a Blue Devil. :D

Unless our big three split the serious votes, allowing the Carolina Bloc to give the award to, I dunno, Deon Thompson.

ivydevil
11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Unless our big three split the serious votes, allowing the Carolina Bloc to give the award to, I dunno, Deon Thompson.

Then I'll just have to settle for one of our guys being the MVP of the national championship game. :cool:

oldnavy
11-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Kyles turn this week!

Let's go Andre, love to see you get ROW...

RainingThrees
11-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Kyles turn this week!

Let's go Andre, love to see you get ROW...

Thats what I want to see. I guess i would rather have Kyle have a cold spell early in the season then later on if that logic makes sense.

6th Man
11-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Speaking of Mr. Scheyer, has there ever been a player better at drawing a foul while shooting a 3 pointer?

Azdukefan
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Speaking of Mr. Scheyer, has there ever been a player better at drawing a foul while shooting a 3 pointer?

Maybe not. Speaking of drawing a foul while shooting a three, did anyone else think that Jon got hacked prior to the half against ASU? Or were those just Duke blue tinted glasses I had on?

Congrats Jon!

I said it once and will say it again, Jon will go down with Dan Ewing as one of the most underrated Dukies to ever don a Duke uni.

6th Man
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe not. Speaking of drawing a foul while shooting a three, did anyone else think that Jon got hacked prior to the half against ASU? Or were those just Duke blue tinted glasses I had on?

You are right. I should have said has there ever been a player better at "attempting" to draw a foul while shooting a 3. He seems to be be good for one of those attempts at least once a game.

Jarhead
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I said it once and will say it again, Jon will go down with Dan Ewing as one of the most underrated Dukies to ever don a Duke uni.

No he won't. He'll be right up there. He's finally getting some attention, and he deserves it.

COYS
12-01-2009, 12:40 AM
No he won't. He'll be right up there. He's finally getting some attention, and he deserves it.

Agreed. And, as much as I liked Ewing, Jon has simply had a more impressive career.