PDA

View Full Version : Iron Bowl: Bama 26, AU 21

cspan37421
11-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I watched Alabama's final drive - the good defense that had apparently kept Auburn in the game was put aside, apparently for what looked like a prevent defense with 8 minutes or more to go. No corners were within 2 yards of their receivers, it seemed, for the entire drive. After it culminated, shots of the disappointed Auburn sideline were broadcast and who did I see there but (it turns out) Ted Roof.

At first, I thought "It figures." But then I have to give him some credit b/c they were really in it until the end, and had shut down that AL running back well. But that one last drive - the pass defense was horrible, Lion-esque, even.

kmspeaks
11-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I hate prevent defenses!

Really though that was a fun game to watch and Auburn played great with the exception of the last two drives of the game. Both the one where Alabama scored the go ahead touchdown and Auburn's last posession. That was very very poor clock management. Which I thought was interesting because when Auburn got the ball with less than 2 minutes to go in the first half the announcers were talking about how the 2 min drill situation really fits Auburn's offense because they like to go no huddle and play fast. Well they didn't play fast that last drive and it cost them (an outside) shot at a game winning drive.

JasonEvans
11-28-2009, 11:36 AM
I tuned in late (my attention was elsewhere -- hmm, what other sporting event was going on at the same time?) but the final drive by Auburn was shameful clock management. What is it with SEC coaches and clock management in the final 2 minutes?!?! Bad!!

They got the ball back with 1:24 left on the clock and then it took Auburn well over a minute to run like 3 plays. And everything they ran were short hits or runs to the middle of the field which were not for first downs and had no chance to get out of bounds. The clock was humming along. It was really poor play calling.

--Jason "of course, this all helps the BCS chaos I always root for-- the more undefeated teams left out of the national title, the better if you ask me" Evans