PDA

View Full Version : Texas' Ward likely out for year

DevilHorns
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-txward112409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hate to see this happen to any player. This may change their status as a final four favorite.

Newton_14
11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
That was terrible to see. And he got injured participating in pre-game layups of all things. Just one of those freak accident deals. I hate to see that happen to any team. They still have good players but this is a huge loss and will certainly have an impact on their chances at a final four and title.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

devilboomer
11-25-2009, 11:26 AM
I saw that on the highlights of the game. That's terrible - esp. since it was in pre-game warmups. With the way he came down - and the season-ending prognosis - I'm thinking ACL.

A-Tex Devil
11-25-2009, 11:32 AM
It's a really big loss, especially on the defensive end. But in all honesty, it just means more minutes for Justin Mason, who is probably a little better than Ward. (We all remember Varez torching Duke through the lane in the second half of the NCAA tourney game, but he didn't get a lot of minutes last year -- that was by far his best game of the year). This would be the equivalent of losing Nate James in '98-'99.

Depending on how you feel about Ward vs. Mason, Ward is probably UT's 4th or 5th best guard once Jai Lucas shows up. So big, big loss. But not something they can't recover from.

oldnavy
11-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Anytime you lose a starter it has to hurt, but the stat lines of the back-ups has to be encouraging to the longhorn fans.
I wish him a very speedy and full recovery.

moonpie23
11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
i hope he's ok long term....

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Yea i hope this doesn't affect his long term basketball career. Good thing he is only a Soph.