PDA

View Full Version : Pujols wins MVP

DevilHorns
11-25-2009, 12:17 AM
Watching highlights of Pujols on Sportscenter. As much as I wish it, there is no way NO WAY this guy has been clean completely his entire career.

YourLandlord
11-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Jeter was robbed.

accfanfrom1970
11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Pujols hasn't been mentioned by anyone in any report of not being clean. And he's denied all allegations. 10 years is a long time to go without any evidence,
any you know they're looking. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt...he's hit this well and looked the same since he came up as a 3rd baseman....

The man can just rake....perfect stance and swing and approach to the plate.

rasputin
11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Watching highlights of Pujols on Sportscenter. As much as I wish it, there is no way NO WAY this guy has been clean completely his entire career.

That is a completely ridiculous comment. There is no evidence that he hasn't been clean. None.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Jeter was robbed.

What he said:)

DevilHorns
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
That is a completely ridiculous comment. There is no evidence that he hasn't been clean. None.

Thats what people said about ARod. In this era of baseball, I think the majority of baseball fans (discounting those in St. Louis) would likely wager that he did use steroids if given a straight yes/no option. The guy plays for the Cardinals, the same team who created a beast of a similar frame in recent years (big Mac) and for the same Manager (LaRussa). He comes from the PED-using capital of the world, DR. He raised through the ranks through the minor leagues, from being a late-round draft pick to the all-star caliber now. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to think of this. You are right though, there is no evidence. He wouldn't, at this moment, be found guilty of use in court. But we will see if anything ever leaks out.

rasputin
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Thats what people said about ARod. In this era of baseball, I think the majority of baseball fans (discounting those in St. Louis) would likely wager that he did use steroids if given a straight yes/no option. The guy plays for the Cardinals, the same team who created a beast of a similar frame in recent years (big Mac) and for the same Manager (LaRussa). He comes from the PED-using capital of the world, DR. He raised through the ranks through the minor leagues, from being a late-round draft pick to the all-star caliber now. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to think of this. You are right though, there is no evidence. He wouldn't, at this moment, be found guilty of use in court. But we will see if anything ever leaks out.

McGwire the beast was "created" by the Cardinals? He was huge long before he got to St. Louis. He became huge as a member of the Oakland A's (and, yes, TLR was his manager).
So Pujols is a great player who was drafted low, and he played for LaRussa. What else ya got?
And, by the way, A-Rod is a despicable phony (and I'm a Yankee fan). Albert is not.

Mal
11-25-2009, 02:32 PM
He raised through the ranks through the minor leagues, from being a late-round draft pick to the all-star caliber now.
I understand, although reject, the various guilt-by-association bits above this quote, but this part doesn't even make sense. Pujols moved to the U.S. in his mid-teens, spent part of a year in New York, then moved to basically middle of nowhere, Missouri. Those are the years big-time high school talent is usually "found" and starts getting scouted in the big population centers. Had Pujols' family stayed in the D.R., or had he ended up playing high school ball in Brooklyn, things likely would have been much different. Instead, he was a Spanish-only speaking kid in BFE who got in-state notice but mostly just got walked a lot in high school ball, and ended up at a small community college. Only the Cardinals and a couple other franchises even knew about him.

Perhaps you intended to say he "raced" through the minors? Which is true, but it undercuts your suspicions. When Pujols was drafted, he was already built like Frank Thomas, and he hit the ball an absolute ton from the word "go." He progressed through the minors in basically one season. It's not like he labored for three or four years, then magically leapt from AA to the bigs in a hurry after obtaining a suspicious amount of newfound power and bulk. The immediate impact he had at the big league level, and the consistency of it (especially in the last couple years which, if ever there were a time for productivity dropoffs for former PED users to surface, that would be it) caution against the usual level of cynical suspicion.