PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Arizona v. Wisconsin

Jim3k
11-24-2009, 02:03 AM
At the Maui Invitational.
Tied at 45 with 7:50 minutes to go. For some reason Wisconsin has gone small and they are now in some foul trouble. I'm kind of unimpressed with them so far. The Badgers did run out to an early lead, but the Wildcats have fought back and seem to have the momentum at the moment.

Grey Devil
11-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Yeah, I watched it for the first half, only because Wisconsin was playing and I knew we'd be playing them soon in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge. But it got sloppy and boring so I turned it off. I wasn't impressed by either team, but mostly I left with the impression that Sean Miller has a lot of work to do with 'Zona. Wisconsin at least has some potential, but I'm a lot less worried about playing them, now that I've seen them play some -- especially against a clearly inferior team.

Grey Devil

Jim3k
11-24-2009, 02:24 AM
With 1:25 Wisconsin has eked itself back to a 59-55 lead.

Jim3k
11-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Final Wisconsin 65-61. Arizona had an opportunity to take the lead, but blew a layup and then it was foul shooting and ball handling.

I was not impressed with Wisconsin though Hughes is pretty crafty and a good scorer. I guess their big guys all got in foul trouble so the Badgers went small. But it was against that crowd that the Cats made their comeback.

I don't think there's a reason to fear Wisconsin. My impression is that our bigs are far better that theirs. They have no one to guard Singler and our guards are bigger and quicker.

Arizona could have won this game. They are very young and inexperienced. With time this will be a good Arizona squad.

Edit: If you have ESPN 360, you can follow this tournament. Replays are available there.

pfrduke
11-24-2009, 03:21 AM
It was almost impossible to get a feel for either team given the way the game was officiated. So many cheap foul calls - the game had absolutely no flow.