PDA

View Full Version : x-country results

jimsumner
11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Sophomore Carly Seymour earned All-America honors as the Duke University men’s and women’s cross country teams concluded the 2009 season Monday at the NCAA Championships, hosted by Indiana State University.

Thirty-one teams competed on both sides as the Blue Devil women turned in an eighth-place effort, their highest NCAA team finish since the 2005 squad earned third place, while the Duke men tied for 28th.

godukerocks
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Congrats to both teams on a great season. Bo Waggoner is most likely disappointed with his finish, as he usually was the first one in for Duke all year, but nonetheless, he will bring his All-ACC Honors and leadership back for his senior season. Duke has six of their top seven men coming back; it seems to be only getting better from here, as both the men and women's teams have had some stellar high school runners commit to the program.

Having attended Duke's cross country camp, I've been able to see the training and work these guys put in to what they do. It's incredible. Duke CC is turning into another Blue Devil sport that will soon be high in the rankings on a consistent basis.

Just thought I'd chime in.

MIKESJ73
11-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Do you know what happened to Ashley Brasovan? She was the top high school senior last year, but I couldn't find her in any results. I didn't know if she ran in the World Junior Championships last year and it threw off her season or if she got injured. She was a stud.

I did find the Duke womens facebook page, it's pretty good.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=2&aid=173561&id=100977110308#/pages/Duke-Womens-Cross-CountryTrack-Field/100977110308?v=wall

Duke09
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Ashley got hurt and redshirted this season. I don't know the injury, I think hamstring. Ms. Brasovan aside, The team next year also returns some fast girls that didn't go to nats this year.