PDA

View Full Version : UNC in CIS

RaineyDevil
11-22-2009, 03:26 AM
As stated before....Ive been to the UNCG and Radford games at CIS. At both of the games I have had the pleasure of sitting next to a "UNC Football" shirt and a "Tarheels" sweatshirt. I personally didn't say anything tIo the patrons, but I do not feel that this should be allowed by the ticket keepers, much less the fans.

My first reaction is WTF.....really, you wear unc into CIS? Am I the only fan peev'd by this?

If you want to wear unc, at least be sure they are playing in the same venue. That, to me, is blatantly DIS-RESPECTUL.....GTHC, GTH

GO, DEVILS, GO

kong123
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
we should go as far as to tape their mouth shut and perhaps make them wear a blindfold so that they cannot see the game, that will teach them!!!!!!!

hudlow
11-22-2009, 08:40 AM
They're Tarheels - what do you expect?

hud

moonpie23
11-22-2009, 09:00 AM
beating unc instead of getting beaten would go a long way in curbing that kind of tarholioism

slower
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
beating unc instead of getting beaten would go a long way in curbing that kind of tarholioism

"Tarholio" - LOVE it! All Beavis and Butthead fans thank you.

msdukie
11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
As stated before....Ive been to the UNCG and Radford games at CIS. At both of the games I have had the pleasure of sitting next to a "UNC Football" shirt and a "Tarheels" sweatshirt. I personally didn't say anything tIo the patrons, but I do not feel that this should be allowed by the ticket keepers, much less the fans.

My first reaction is WTF.....really, you wear unc into CIS? Am I the only fan peev'd by this?

If you want to wear unc, at least be sure they are playing in the same venue. That, to me, is blatantly DIS-RESPECTUL.....GTHC, GTH

GO, DEVILS, GO

I have no problem with this. I wear Duke clothes in the Nose Dome if I go and Duke isn't playing. However, when one does such things (as I do) one should expect and be treated to much ribbing.

Duvall
11-22-2009, 11:39 AM

No, it won't.

Newton_14
11-22-2009, 04:41 PM

GO, DEVILS, GO

I saw the same 2 guys (Possibly) at the Findlay game. My first thought was they were IC guys doing some scouting, but who knows....

77devil
11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
I have no problem with this. I wear Duke clothes in the Nose Dome if I go and Duke isn't playing.

Why would you go if Duke isn't playing?

MarkD83
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM

They serve a good merlot at the concession stand.

NovaScotian
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
They serve a good merlot at the concession stand.

that's just an oxymoron

Newton_14
11-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a longtime friend whose entire family are passionate Duke fans with several being Iron Duke's. My friends son who is about 20, was dating a young lady last year whose entire family is UNC-CH fans/boosters and that have 4 seats in the Dean Dome.

Last year the girls parents took their daughter and my friends son to a game against a non-conference team. It was the Kentucky game if my memory serves me right. The kid drove to the girls family house to meet up with them and head out to the game together. He had on a Duke shirt and jeans. The girl's father met him at the door and immediately told him he could not go to the game wearing the Duke shirt. The boy thought the dad was joking. He was not. The kid told him that he did not have another shirt with him and there was not enough time to go back home to get one.

The dad went upstairs and got one of his shirts for the kid to wear. The kid asked the dad on the ride over what the big deal was and said he thought the dad was going overboard. The dad responded that it would not go over well with the boosters and the dad would be reprimanded if he allowed someone to use one of his tickets and show up in a Duke shirt.

Needless to say that was the kids last date with that girl...

flyingdutchdevil
11-23-2009, 06:03 AM

GO, DEVILS, GO

Understand where you're coming from. But if I went to the Dean Dome, I would definitely wear Duke gear and would gladly accept the verbal beating (I would definitely talk back, though!). While it sucks that UNC fans are in our house, they paid for their tickets - hence contributing to Duke basketball. I'm fine with that.

oldnavy
11-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Your 1st amendment rights do not end at the door of Cameron or the Dean Dome. BUT, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't give them a lot of grief for it.

Like my ol" granny used to say "they have the right to be wrong"...

moonpie23
11-23-2009, 09:38 AM
this is the shirt you should wear !

Duvall
11-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Your 1st amendment rights do not end at the door of Cameron or the Dean Dome.

Actually, they pretty much do. Duke could certainly bar the wearing of UNC gear in Cameron, they just have wisely chosen not to bother.

mus074
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM
All you need to do is ask them if they think Roy will be able to get a hold on all those turnovers his boys are committing? They coughed it up 18 times to Syracuse and are doing so on average 25.6% of the time on this young season, ranking a sad 296th (http://kenpom.com/team.php?y=2010&team=North%20Carolina) out of 346 or so. Perhaps watching Scheyer and Duke play is a good reminder for how to take care of the ball.

You could also say you were looking up Carolina for Pomeroy stats and typed "Carolina" into the search function. First came up Western Carolina at 27th, then North Carolina St. at 55th, then 95 Coastal Carolina, then 102 South Carolina. You were concerned there was a mistake or typo and they had fallen off his data sheet. But then, there they were: 105 North Carolina. At least they can gloat about East Carolina at 185th. I guess that makes UNC the 5th best Carolina. ;)

msdukie
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM

1. Because THEY could lose.

2. Because I strive to hate THEM even more every day and in person contact escalates the process.... :eek: