PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Thad

brianl
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM
I know we're not about promoting individual accolades, but I do wish that if Thad has to become Duke's All Time Passing Leader on the road that he gets an opportunity to do it in front of his local crowd. It will be nice for him to be able to share that experience in the area where he developed those skills.

Best of Luck Thad and Thanks for four great years.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Thad Lewis has proven to be an exceptional player over the four years he's been at Duke. He's built up some pretty good numbers in an environment which has been stable in terms of coaches and schemes only the last two years of his time here. Whatever he does these last two games, he deserves to be praised and recognized as a special player at Duke.

orrnot
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I still remember the beautiful early TD Thad Lewis threw against Wake Forest in his first start. That was a fantastic game with a brutal finish, but in it Lewis served notice that Duke finally had a quarterback worthy of our history. We have to give Coach Cutcliffe the lion's share of credit for how things have changed with Duke football, but I think we can consider Thad's arrival on the scene an inkling of the hope that Duke fans could begin to indulge. Lewis did as much as he could to pave the way for where Duke is now, and where the program is headed, and I hope he'll take great satisfaction in that (after finishing some football business, that is).

killerleft
11-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks to Thad, indeed!

His stats speak for themselves. In the last two years he has improved to the point that he might be considered Duke's best quarterback in history. He sure has my vote.

He is one tough son of a gun, too. He's taken more big hits than Joe Frazier ever did. He has always bounced back up and been ready for the next play.

I sure hope we have a great crowd for the Wake game Saturday. The seniors have all come a long way, and a .500 record achieved in front of a full house would be a much-deserved end to their careers.

weezie
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
He is one tough son of a gun, too. He's taken more big hits than Joe Frazier ever did. He has always bounced back up and been ready for the next play.

OMG, did he ever. wow, one tough young man indeed. Accolades to his family members for wincing through every hit.
I'm extremely proud of our Thad.

JaMarcus Russell
11-22-2009, 07:38 PM
OMG, did he ever. wow, one tough young man indeed. Accolades to his family members for wincing through every hit.
I'm extremely proud of our Thad.

I have to agree with you. He has taken a lot of punishment in the pocket, and yet he's only missed a few games as our starter. The program has made great strides the past two seasons, and I think Thad has had more of a role than any other player. I hope he will be able to prove himself in the NFL. I wonder if he will be a late round pick or a free agent pick-up. I suppose his combine, Wonderlic, and workouts will determine all of that.

Best of luck against Wake Forst, Thad.