PDA

View Full Version : Tobias Harris

mj2345
11-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Not that we were recruiting him but did anyone else read about this guy's recruitment process. First off it was more secretive than HB's. He tried so hard to keep everyone guessing and I don't get it. He was down to seven schools with UT and Syracuse being the favored schools. Then this kid announces on ESPN U at the ESPN zone in new york city that he is going to Tennessee. announcement was at 6PM and Syracuse played at MSG vs Cal at 7PM. Lots of booing and heckling. Kid has nuts. Good article about it.

Tobias to Tennessee (http://flagrantfouls.com/2009/11/tobias-to-tennessee/comment-page-1/#comment-7445)

apologies if nobody cares I just found it interesting. kids are spending way too much energy these days on the secretive announcements. At least he didnt skyype.

whereinthehellami
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Pearl seems pretty slimey to me and UT being in the $EC always makes me wonder when a recruit from NY signs with them.

flyingdutchdevil
11-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Pearl seems pretty slimey to me and UT being in the $EC always makes you wonder when a recruit from NY signs with them.

I like Pearl. He seems like a cool guy. Happy Tobias didn't go to UK

Carolina_Blue
11-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I think Pearl is great. The taking his shirt off and painting his chest orange for the Lady Vols game was hilarious.

Wildling
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I know my brother is peeved. He was convinced Harris was going to SU, if I am not mistaken, didn't Harris give a verbal to SU?

I guess I can razz him now since my phone started ringing off the hook when Barnes picked UNC over Duke.

Or should I be the bigger man and not rub salt in the wound? Na, I'll call him...

BD80
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Supposedly the kid and his dad arrived in a stretch limo (dad's expense)

This was another that escaped Cal' "wide net"

SupaDave
11-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Pearl seems pretty slimey to me and UT being in the $EC always makes me wonder when a recruit from NY signs with them.

You'd have to elaborate why on this. Pearl has done nothing but make a football school respect it's basketball program (and I aint talking about the Lady Vols!).

They are a serious program and Pearl has made the SEC more than just UK, Florida and the rest of those guys. And for a LONG time it was just UK and the rest of those guys. Pearl has guaranteed us that Calipari will have more to worry about than just National Championships.

Pearl runs a tight ship!!!
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/may/29/chism-removes-internet-videos-after-request-ut/

Olympic Fan
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
You'd have to elaborate why on this. Pearl has done nothing but make a football school respect it's basketball program (and I aint talking about the Lady Vols!).

They are a serious program and Pearl has made the SEC more than just UK, Florida and the rest of those guys. And for a LONG time it was just UK and the rest of those guys. Pearl has guaranteed us that Calipari will have more to worry about than just National Championships.

Pearl runs a tight ship!!!
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/may/29/chism-removes-internet-videos-after-request-ut/

I'm also a Bruce Pearl fan.

And while I agree that the $EC in general is about as crooked at they come, it's hard to include Pearl -- a guy who saw his chances of being a head coach delayed for years before he broke the unwritten rule and turned in a cheater -- as "sleezy."

You may or may not like his antics (and the memory of him without his shirt still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit), but I have never heard anybody suggest that he's not on the up and up.

HaveFunExpectToWin
11-20-2009, 04:34 PM
You may or may not like his antics (and the memory of him without his shirt still makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit), but I have never heard anybody suggest that he's not on the up and up.

I can't stand Pearl. His user-car salesman antics (as you mentioned) rub me the wrong way. But I do agree that he is bucking the traditional UT shady dealings trend. His players actually seem to be student athletes, unlike the football team.

Note, I'm a Vandy grad.