PDA

View Full Version : WBB: Duke 69, GSU 42

MHTorringjan
11-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Last night was the home opener, and the game went pretty well (a win is a win, or so I've heard). It was a game of stops and starts for Duke offensively. The defense was pretty consistent throughout the game, GSU did a decent job of weathering it in the front court, and did very well at handling the press in the back-court, they weren't as turnover prone as some other teams we've played (although we still forced 24, a decent number). The offense was a little bit off at times, with us committing 17 turnovers ourselves (fewer than other games, but still pretty high). Our rebounding was good (we out-rebounded them 27-22; a low number because GSU slowed it down on offense and because of the turnovers on both sides). Not sure how I feel overall about the game, since GSU was picked to finish sixth in SoCon by the coaches.

Individual performances, I thought KJ did very well coming back from her injury/illness/whatever. Joy had some very good plays in the first half and played with real energy on both ends of the court. Krystal is developing her post skills and continues to show improvement, but she keeps trying her hook shot that I've seen work like once in either of the games that I've seen (maybe she's hitting 80% in the ones that I haven't; who knows? ;) ). Allison Vernerey is still impressing me, even though she didn't score as much last night as she has in the past. Jasmine, Karima, and Bridgette also played pretty well, IMO.

Anyway, those were my thoughts on the game.

M.H.

CameronBornAndBred
11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I have season tix, but live 3 hours away and the schedule isn't friendly to travellers. I saw that all of the home games are carried on goduke's video feed (that aren't already televised), so I might upgrade my subscription from audio only. Would love to see the games as often as I can.