04-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Who is going to win the big fight?

Oscar De La Hoya

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

MrBisonDevil
05-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Although I've shifted to Mixed Martial Arts as my visual sport of violence, I still watch/follow the "big fights" in boxing.

Floyd by decision. Winning 90% of the rounds... not even close in the scorecards.

Honestly, I think a lucky punch is the only way Oscar will beat Pretty Boy Floyd. But lucky punches are extremely hard to get against the (arguably) best pound-for-pound boxer in the world (Floyd).

Bob Green
05-06-2007, 01:04 AM
De La Hoya was the more aggressive fighter but Mayweather was the more accurate fighter. Personally, I scored the fight 117-116 for Mayweather. The official scorecards:

115-113 De La Hoya
116-112 Mayweather
115-113 Mayweather

Neither fighter was hurt at anytime during the fight. De La Hoya should have used his left jab for 12 rounds instead of abandoning it for much of the fight. Thoughts?

As always, I owe a big thanks to Armed Forces TV for bringing me all the big sporting events live.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

Channing
05-06-2007, 01:21 AM
it was an entertaining fight. It was pretty clear that Floyd Mayweather was the better fighter, and it seemed to me like there was more than a 4 pound difference. I am impressed with Oscar for fighting as well as he did for as long as he did.