PDA

View Full Version : Some Thing I Am Going To Try To Do This Season.

SoCalDukeFan
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
1. Not to get too low if we have a bad game.

This is a long season.

2. Not to get too high after a big win.

This is a long season.

3. Focus on this year and not worry about recruiting and who is going pro, transfers etc.

Next year will get here soon enough. The current teams deserves our complete support.

4. Not second guess Coach K.

He will probably win more games than any other coach and so far this year alone has won 2 more than I ever will. I may not agree with every decision he makes and every decision he makes may not turn out favorably for Duke, but the chances are that it was the right decision at that time.

SoCal

DukeUsul
11-18-2009, 11:14 AM
So you're going to stop posting here? That's about 95% of everyone's recent posts right there. :D

Battierfan01
11-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Good Luck!! It will be a challenge. :D

Tim1515
11-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I tried really hard last year to just enjoy the games. It didn't always work...especially come March...but it made the season more enjoyable. Hopefully i can expand on that this year

Indoor66
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
1. Not to get too low if we have a bad game.

This is a long season.

2. Not to get too high after a big win.

This is a long season.

3. Focus on this year and not worry about recruiting and who is going pro, transfers etc.

Next year will get here soon enough. The current teams deserves our complete support.

4. Not second guess Coach K.

He will probably win more games than any other coach and so far this year alone has won 2 more than I ever will. I may not agree with every decision he makes and every decision he makes may not turn out favorably for Duke, but the chances are that it was the right decision at that time.

SoCal

There are a lot of posters here who have been doing that for years and they seem to enjoy the game a lot more than the ones who nit pick everything. I hope you succeed and join the happy Duke fans.

eightyearoldsdude
11-18-2009, 12:16 PM
There are a lot of posters here who have been doing that for years and they seem to enjoy the game a lot more than the ones who nit pick everything. I hope you succeed and join the happy Duke fans.

I have a rule that I won't let any Carolina defeat ruin my day* but I will let any victory make my day. I will enjoy national championships for years on end, but I try to put my focus on the regular season--that, to me, is where the joy is. Unlike the NBA, each regular season game is meaningful, and it's great to watch a team develop over the course of a season.

I get into the NCAA tournament, but I try not to put too much emotion into it since most years we go out with a loss. Heck, UNC is one of the top 3 programs in history, and we have only won 5 titles in the 70 years the tournament has been around--or just 7%. And that's a relatively good percentage. So you really can't measure a successful season in terms of titles.

* the one exception to that was our loss to y'all at cameron in 2005. It's not the loss so much, it's the way we lost. Not even getting a frickin shot off! I made the mistake of watching it in mixed company and while the duke fans were gracious, I stormed out of my friend's house and drove off like a maniac. nearly got in an accident and spent the night working at the office.

Cameron
11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Good luck with this.

As DukeUsul said, you're probably going to have to leave here. It's been fun. See ya.

:D

airowe
11-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

hurleyfor3
11-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Not give a crap about carolina. Actually, I'm already pretty successful at this.

Also, visit a couple famous/interesting college basketball venues. It worked pretty well last year.

NSDukeFan
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Great post.

I will enjoy national championships for years on end, but I try to put my focus on the regular season--that, to me, is where the joy is. Unlike the NBA, each regular season game is meaningful, and it's great to watch a team develop over the course of a season.

I get into the NCAA tournament, but I try not to put too much emotion into it since most years we go out with a loss. Heck, UNC is one of the top 3 programs in history, and we have only won 5 titles in the 70 years the tournament has been around--or just 7%. And that's a relatively good percentage. So you really can't measure a successful season in terms of titles.

This is also a great post IMO, even though it is from the wrong shaded blue perspective;). I agree that many seem to put too much stock in a few games at the end of the year, while discounting the other 30. Yes, the tournaments are important, but they are not the whole season. At this level, to me, it is a real joy to watch the progression of teams and players as the season(s) go(es) by.