PDA

View Full Version : TCU - Arizona State Tonight

Acymetric
11-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Just watching this game, figured it would be relevant since we play the winner...personally I'm pulling for ASU for the Duke/ACC connections...Boateng looks good so far, needs help from the rest of the team. I feel like Duke should have its way with either team though, as I doubt either will hold Duke to such a low score, and I'm not sure either has the firepower to keep up.

JaMarcus Russell
11-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Boateng looked pretty good, but I thought that his main post-up move involved him taking 3 steps each time. The guy from TCU who was defending him thought the same thing, but the refs disagreed, and that's clearly more important :D. He seemed to be at least 2-3 inches taller than any of the main players for TCU, so Duke's big men will give him much more of a challenge.

While I have always thought Herb Sendek is a very solid coach, I think ASU has lost too much this past season.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-18-2009, 02:07 AM
I watched the 2nd half of this game. I am not too familiar with TCU, but I am familiar with ASU as I am an Arizona alum. I knew they would struggle this year without Harden and Pendergraph. They really just don't have the talent to stay with Duke offensively. Glasser is decent, but is undersized and not terribly athletic. Scheyer or Smith won't have an issue with him much at all. Their wing players aren't very impressive. McMillan is athletic, but does not have a whole lot of an offensive repetoire and Kuksycs (sp?) can shoot, but again...not very athletic. Boateng is a good story, but he won't be an all Pac 10 performer by any means. His opponent tonight, Buljan, is undersized and was in foul trouble and just had a miserable game overall tonight. Boateng is more or less, the same type of player he was 3-4 years ago at Duke. They have a good freshman in Trent Lockett, but he struggled tonight against TCU. He makes freshman mistakes and with such a mediocre team, it will be hard for him to become a consistent scorer and reliable player.

Basically, I am not too worried. We shouldn't have many issues with them when we see them up at MSG.

Kewlswim
11-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi,

Nothing more to say.

GO DUKE!