PDA

View Full Version : Mother of Elliot Williams

CameronDuke
11-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know her ailment? She was just shown in the stands at the Memphis and Kansas game. I was just curious if there were any knowledge of the severity of her illness. It is interesting that her illness is serious enough for the NCAA to allow Elliot to transfer closer home to be with her yet she is fortunate enough to be able to travel from Memphis to St. Louis to see him play. I would have loved for her health to allow her to travel to Durham to watch him play, but maybe her health has improved since the NCAA allowed him to transfer?

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
No details were leaked.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
NO, Elliot and his mom prefered to keep it a secret and i respect their choice.

CameronDuke
11-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Interesting. As a former collegiate student athlete who had a mother with Multiple Sclerosis and Type 1 Diabetes, I was just curious about what she is facing health wise. Glad to see she could travel to see him play, but the Duke inside of me still wishes he played in Durham. I hope she can continue to watch him play.

diveonthefloor
11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know her ailment? She was just shown in the stands at the Memphis and Kansas game. I was just curious if there were any knowledge of the severity of her illness. It is interesting that her illness is serious enough for the NCAA to allow Elliot to transfer closer home to be with her yet she is fortunate enough to be able to travel from Memphis to St. Louis to see him play. I would have loved for her health to allow her to travel to Durham to watch him play, but maybe her health has improved since the NCAA allowed him to transfer?

Chemo can take a lot out of a person during the course of therapy. Hopefully she is in remission.

Jarhead
11-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Interesting. As a former collegiate student athlete who had a mother with Multiple Sclerosis and Type 1 Diabetes, I was just curious about what she is facing health wise. Glad to see she could travel to see him play, but the Duke inside of me still wishes he played in Durham. I hope she can continue to watch him play.

Water over the dam. It's a non-issue. Oh yeah, we have Andre Dawkins. Destiny, don't you think?

CameronDuke
11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Water over the dam. It's a non-issue. Oh yeah, we have Andre Dawkins. Destiny, don't you think?

A non-issue indeed, just curious to know. She was in the stands tonight, fortunately, and I was thinking maybe she has gotten better in terms of health since this summer, or maybe she is still the same. I just wanted to know what she was going through, coming from a former student athlete who had an ill mother in college and also for 12 years prior to college.

Andre Dawkins is truly an asset as well. I agree. Duke is blessed to have him as a part of their team.

JBDuke
11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Time to stop this before it gets out of hand. I suggest the original poster do some Google searches to find his answer.