PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke v. Charlotte

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 09:44 PM
No Poll up yet so I am taking initiative. Who is the Man of the Match?

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 09:46 PM
No doubt about it, it's NOLAN "SWAGGA" SMITH

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 09:48 PM
I love that you guys are running with this. My vote goes to Swagga too.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
What is MOTM?

Newton_14
11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Had to go with Nolan tonight. I knew he was ready to bring it but was afraid he might have been too hyped after sitting out the first 2 games. Not a chance!

He played like a man possessed. Great to see!

Way to go Nolan Smith, You are Tonight's Man Of The Match!

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 09:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHA i knew some Joker on here was going to pick Mason.

airowe
11-17-2009, 09:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHA i knew some Joker on here was going to pick Mason.

Had to. 0 turnovers. 0 fouls. No missed shots. He really seemed like he was within himself tonight.

I was really impressed at how composed he was...

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Nolan will win the poll, but man did Miles make a huge jump tonight. I really want to see him with one or two more games like this in a row.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Had to. 0 turnovers. 0 fouls. No missed shots. He really seemed like he was within himself tonight.

Yea and according to flyingdutchdevil he looked much more comfortable tonight as well. Amazing.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Nolan won it, but man did Miles make a huge jump tonight. I really want to see him with one or two more games like this in a row.

How about the whole season:)

Wander
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I admit this is complete cheating, but I'm picking Singler to make up for the first two games when there wasn't a poll.

RepoMan
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
I admit this is complete cheating, but I'm picking Singler to make up for the first two games when there wasn't a poll.

Maybe someone can go ahead and post polls for the first two games. Might as well have a complete record.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Maybe someone can go ahead and post polls for the first two games. Might as well have a complete record.

Yea, but it wouldn't be the same.

Newton_14
11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
It would be great if you could put up polls for the 1st 2 games. Nothing stopping us from voting on those games as well... (if you don't mind)

Thanks

camion
11-17-2009, 10:49 PM
That wasn't difficult.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Who put up Zoubs and why?

FireOgilvie
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM

He had a great game. 13 rebounds in 16 minutes. That's awesome. I chose Nolan, but I get it.

Acymetric
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM

13 boards and 1 point shy of a double double? It wasn't me, but Z did not play poorly tonight...I don't think its totally ridiculous.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 10:54 PM
He had a great game. 13 rebounds in 16 minutes. That's awesome. I chose Nolan, but I get it.

I understand it too but although he is deserving so is Jon but non eone is more deserving then Nolan. Which is why i asked. I'm not saying it's crazy i would just like to know.

Jumbo
11-18-2009, 12:19 AM
No Poll up yet so I am taking initiative. Who is the Man of the Match?

Sorry! I'll remember going forward. Tight vote, but I'll go with Scheyer: 20 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, one sweet block and, for the third straight game, NO TURNOVERS.

Greg_Newton
11-18-2009, 01:49 AM

You had me sold until I checked the official ESPN box score and Mason, in fact, actually had 1 turnover. I'm a little worried about how mistake prone he is, hopefully he'll get over this reckless phase.

Voted for Nolan, but would vote for team as a whole if I could. Very complete and balanced effort.

Saratoga2
11-18-2009, 07:08 AM
I voted for Smith but there were three others who could have gotten my vote including Miles. It is great to think he was in the conversation. Great performance and somewhat unexpected.

flyingdutchdevil
11-18-2009, 07:25 AM
How about the whole season:)

lol did I quote Mason? My bad. Miles and Mason are too difficult to differentiate ;)

OZZIE4DUKE
11-18-2009, 08:15 AM
lol did I quote Mason? My bad. Miles and Mason are too difficult to differentiate ;)
Miles is the brunette, Mason is blond. And oh, Mason is the one with the cast on his left wrist. :D

DukeCO2009
11-18-2009, 08:34 AM
13 boards and 1 point shy of a double double? It wasn't me, but Z did not play poorly tonight...I don't think its totally ridiculous.

Zoubek's numbers, IMO, are a bit deceiving. 13 boards for a 7-footer isn't anything to sneeze at, to be sure, but it's also nothing to get too excited about when the other team only has two players over 6'8". Also, he had way too many boards ripped away by shorter players as wekk as bobbled a handful out of bounds or to the other team. I was actually quite frustrated with Z's play last night, to be honest. If he's not stronger with the ball (been saying that for 3+ seasons now), Mason will eat up virtually all of his minutes.

Anyway, I'm voting for Nolan. The spark he provided the offense was huge. Can't say enough about his improvement.

AtlDuke72
11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Zoubek's numbers, IMO, are a bit deceiving. 13 boards for a 7-footer isn't anything to sneeze at, to be sure, but it's also nothing to get too excited about when the other team only has two players over 6'8". Also, he had way too many boards ripped away by shorter players as wekk as bobbled a handful out of bounds or to the other team. I was actually quite frustrated with Z's play last night, to be honest. If he's not stronger with the ball (been saying that for 3+ seasons now), Mason will eat up virtually all of his minutes.

I don't get it. No matter what Zoubek does some people on this board will give him no credit. 16 minutes, 9 points and 13 rebounds! Thomas played 16 minutes with 1 point, 1 rebound and 4 fouls after a miserable game against Coastal Carolina. In my opinion Thomas is the odd man out when Mason returns.

JDev
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Miles looked great, like a completely different player than last year. He had what is hopefully the first of many double-doubles he has in his Duke career.
My vote still went to Nolan. He is clearly such a difference-maker on both sides of the ball, and adds a new dimension to the team.

Battierfan01
11-18-2009, 10:06 AM
I heard a lot of people saying earlier this year that Miles had made major improvements during the offseason, but I must say that I didn't think that he would be this good this early in the season. I realize that the competition will get a lot tougher as the season goes on, but Miles is turning into a BEAST!! He looks very strong with the ball around the basket and I have been very impressed with this footwork.

NSDukeFan
11-18-2009, 11:47 AM
You had me sold until I checked the official ESPN box score and Mason, in fact, actually had 1 turnover. I'm a little worried about how mistake prone he is, hopefully he'll get over this reckless phase.

Voted for Nolan, but would vote for team as a whole if I could. Very complete and balanced effort.
I hope Mason is less turnover prone when he can hang on to the ball with 2 hands. ;)

Zoubek's numbers, IMO, are a bit deceiving. 13 boards for a 7-footer isn't anything to sneeze at, to be sure, but it's also nothing to get too excited about when the other team only has two players over 6'8". Also, he had way too many boards ripped away by shorter players as wekk as bobbled a handful out of bounds or to the other team.

I am pretty sure the rebounds count no matter how tall the opposition is. I thought Z looked very strong out there on both the offensive and defensive boards. I also like him as a defensive presence as it seems people have more difficult shooting inside when he is there. Maybe just a coincidence.

jpfrizzle
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
By far this was Nolan's game to let everyone know that he's back and ready to play some b-ball!!

nickname him Nolan [Showtime] Smith