PDA

View Full Version : If Ryan Kellys shot gets its own thread....

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
THEN WE NEED ONE FOR LANCE!!! Whats up with the shooting 20 footers!!?

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is so true. But i agree who told him he can take those? I havent seen him make one yet.

superdave
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
If he can knock down elbow and baseline jumpers, we will be much much better. We need him to be a scoring threat after he sets picks on the perimeter.

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:47 PM
If he can knock down elbow and baseline jumpers, we will be much much better. We need him to be a scoring threat after he sets picks on the perimeter.

No one would care if he took those type of shots. But he might as well step back an inch and throw up a three. I can't recall ever seeing him make a jumpshot past 10'! And his shot is just ugly looking.

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
No one would care if he took those type of shots. But he might as well step back an inch and throw up a three. I can't recall ever seeing him make a jumpshot past 10'! And his shot is just ugly looking.

Just cus it's ugly doesn't mean it's not worth hitting...

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
LT hit those more often last year, I don't know what is up so far this year. He should've developed a decent mid range shot in 4 years, he is just struggling so far. He'll get it.

SilkyJ
11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
He should've developed a decent mid range shot in 4 years, he is just struggling so far. He'll get it.

Well most signs are that he hasn't, so I'm not sure why you think he'll all of a sudden "get it."

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 07:08 PM
LT hit those more often last year, I don't know what is up so far this year. He should've developed a decent mid range shot in 4 years, he is just struggling so far. He'll get it.

This^ He hit it consistently at the end of last year.

Be patient. Also remember that when Lance opens up for the mid-range jumper that is part of the scheme. Think of LT replaced by Mason. Mason will roll up and catch the ball to face up where he can take the shot or utilize his greatest stregth- attacking the basket against bigs facing up....

He can and has hit that shot and should keep shooting them. One of them might have been a bit far out, but he is not making any mistakes here.

-sidenote: way to stay positive in a Duke blowout guys

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Well most signs are that he hasn't, so I'm not sure why you think he'll all of a sudden "get it."

Because like I said, he made those more often last year. There's no reason why he can't keep shooting those. His first two years, he didn't take many shots from outside the lane, but he did last year and is again this year. He wouldn't be shooting them if he wasn't comfortable or confident. He's just strugglin so far.

El_Diablo
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
It's in his range--watch him in warmups. If the defense gives it to him, he can and should take it. Oh, and btw...he HAS hit one of those this year already. Just because you haven't been watching doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

This thread needs to be locked. It serves no purpose other than to unfairly criticize one of our players.

SupaDave
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree that it should be locked. Too many people worry about scoring around here showing their obvious lack of knowledge of so many other things that are happening on the court. If Lance is open - then Lance should shoot. Hit or miss - it keeps the defense honest.

Thread closed in 5.4.3.2.1...