PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke 101, Charlotte 59

Bob Green
11-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Charlotte defeated Elon 75-61 to advance to today's game. The 49ers were led by Shamari Spears (6'6" 240) with 23 points and six rebounds. Spears is a transfer from Boston College who scored 12 points against Duke as a freshman (thanks Blue Devil tip-off magazine). Charlotte represents a step up in the level of competition compared to our first two games. Here is the Boxscore from their victory over Elon:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=293202429

Of course for Duke, Nolan Smith will make his season debut and provide our offense with another ball handler and increase our ability to pressure the opponent's primary ball handler. I'm looking forward to seeing Duke operate with Singler, Scheyer, and Smith simultaneously on the court.

A couple of additional items I'll be looking at include: can Andre Dawkins continue to provide offense off the bench with Smith back? Duke needs Dawkins to be able to come into the game and score points in spurts. Dawkins needs to be a player our opponent's defense worries about. How much time does Czyz play? Olek's athleticism can be a real asset for our Blue Devils if he continues to develop his game.

ice-9
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know what time this game starts?

Hoping to catch it on Justin TV... :D

oldnavy
11-17-2009, 07:29 AM
How about a little fun? What if the over/under on Nolan's total points tonight is 15, whatca got, over or under??

I think he will have a great game after sitting two nights in a row. I suspect he will go off and I am taking the OVER.

Predicition, 18 points 4 assists, 2 rebounds...

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 07:34 AM
How about a little fun? What if the over/under on Nolan's total points tonight is 15, whatca got, over or under??

I think he will have a great game after sitting two nights in a row. I suspect he will go off and I am taking the OVER.

Predicition, 18 points 4 assists, 2 rebounds...

Agreed! I am so excited about Nolan. Unfortunately, I have to admit that every year I am a little more excited about one player than the rest (sorry, rest of the team!) This year, that guy is Nolan. I love his swagger, his cockiness, his fearless demeanor. We need him big this year, and I think he'll perform.

Also, I love the prediction. After sitting on the bench watching for 2 full games, he is going to explode!

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm going under! i'm saying 13 points in the end. He will take a little to get back into it. But have a good second half! GO DUKE!

sagegrouse
11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Here is the TV schedule for ESPN's TipOff Marathon (http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide). Duke-Charlotte is at 6PM ET.

sagegroue

HCheek37
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Anyone here stay and watch Charlotte last night? I look for Scheyer to go off tonight as Nolan will take some of the distribution and ballhanding pressures off of Jon.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 09:42 AM

6 PM

it's on ESPN

Indoor66
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM

The game is at 6:00 pm and is televised on ESPN.

InSpades
11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
The game is at 6:00 pm and is televised on ESPN.

Grrrr.... is the game really at 6? The schedule on DBR says 7. Definitely wishing I had set the DVR. May have to leave work early to catch the tip! The sacrifices I make for Duke basketball...

Battierfan01
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Anyone here stay and watch Charlotte last night? I look for Scheyer to go off tonight as Nolan will take some of the distribution and ballhanding pressures off of Jon.

I think that both of these guys will have a big game tonight. Nolan will be very fresh after sitting out the first two games, and I think that Jon will get a lot more shot attempts with Nolan running some point. I really look for the offense to explode tonight.

Prediction
Scheyer 18pts
Smith 15pts

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Go nolan!!!!!!!

Show me some swagga!!!!!!!

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Having Nolan back will take a load off of Scheyer. Jon has played well, but I am going to guess that Jon goes for 20+ tonight. Don't let me, a fellow Chicagoan down! Oh, and I am going out on a limb to say that LT has fewer than 5 turnovers.

rskale7
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I just joined today and just wanted to say that Duke is looking good. I am very impressed with Dawkins and Kelly. And having Nolan back is a good thing. To bad Mason is still out with the wrist injury.

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Go nolan!!!!!!!

Show me some swagga!!!!!!!

Nolan "Swagga" Smith... that's his name this season.

airowe
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
That will be third nickname I've heard for Nolan.

First, the guy from the unsanctioned tourney was calling him "The Escalade" Then, Dave Bradley was calling him "Showtime" and now we've got "Swagga".

Whatever he's called, I think we'll all be happy with his results.

punkrockcowboy
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey Blue Devils. I'm looking forward to a good game tonight in our first ever showdown. We are a very young team coming into tonight's game, so I'm hoping that Harris can keep the rest of the guys disciplined enough to use our talent wisely. I'm a bit concerned about who can guard Singler, Phil Jones is a monster shot blocker (7 last night) but he's not too quick and Spears, as you know, is a beast but is a bit short. I'm interested in seeing who Bobby matches him up with.
Tonight's game is huge for us because it gives us a chance to prove on the big screen that we are back in the world of good college hoops programs like in Bobby Lutz's first few seasons. Everyone on campus is excited. I'm hoping for an upset. We'll see how it goes!

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Jimmy Dykes has Duke on Upset Alert tonight.... ruh roh ;)

gumbomoop
11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
That will be third nickname I've heard for Nolan.

First, the guy from the unsanctioned tourney was calling him "The Escalade" Then, Dave Bradley was calling him "Showtime" and now we've got "Swagga".

Whatever he's called, I think we'll all be happy with his results.

I seem to be the only person on these boards who's a bit surprised at all the talk about NS's swagger and outgoing personality. Back last spring, once G decided to leave, and we all started discussing '09-'10 outlook, I assumed that among our big ?-marks and keys to this season would be NS's need to play confidently rather than tentatively. IIRC - but maybe I don't - NS was far too rarely assertive, even before his concussion. My word for NS's play - which seems a bit harsh in retrospect - was "meek."

So I'm thrilled to hear comments suggesting that N's game is at a whole new level. Maybe he deferred too much last year to G, but clearly this year he's up there with the other 2 S's as game-to-game leaders.

striker219
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey Blue Devils. I'm looking forward to a good game tonight in our first ever showdown. We are a very young team coming into tonight's game, so I'm hoping that Harris can keep the rest of the guys disciplined enough to use our talent wisely. I'm a bit concerned about who can guard Singler, Phil Jones is a monster shot blocker (7 last night) but he's not too quick and Spears, as you know, is a beast but is a bit short. I'm interested in seeing who Bobby matches him up with.
Tonight's game is huge for us because it gives us a chance to prove on the big screen that we are back in the world of good college hoops programs like in Bobby Lutz's first few seasons. Everyone on campus is excited. I'm hoping for an upset. We'll see how it goes!

Good to have you here, bring it on!

God I love that it's basketball season again, I swear the off season gets longer every year.

My "Swagga" prediction: he comes out a little overly excited, makes a few very enthusiastic mistakes early before he settles down and finishes just under 15, makes everyone else look better when he's on the court than they have looked the past two games.

jimsumner
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
"Hey Blue Devils. I'm looking forward to a good game tonight in our first ever showdown."

Duke defeated UNC-C twice in the early 1990s. Former Duke star Jeff Mullins was Charlotte's head coach.

striker219
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
"Hey Blue Devils. I'm looking forward to a good game tonight in our first ever showdown."

Duke defeated UNC-C twice in the early 1990s. Former Duke star Jeff Mullins was Charlotte's head coach.

Nothing gets by this board, that's awesome.

Knowledge for the win.

Indoor66
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM

Jeff had a good run at Charlotte.

91_92_01_10_15
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM

It would be a big one. It looks like we're favored by 17.5.

Bob Green
11-17-2009, 03:19 PM

The final sentence of the game preview in Blue Devil tip-off magazine states:

The game has the potential to make Duke fans uncomfortable a la Rhode Island.

The 49ers have a fast point guard, size in the frontcourt, and are a team that goes 10 deep. I expect they will give us a tough game.

Battierfan01
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Yeah, he must not have heard that Nolan returns tonight!! :D

Johnboy
11-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Welcome. Good luck to your guys tonight (but not too much). Go Duke!

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, he must not have heard that Nolan returns tonight!! :D

Hahaha first thing i thought when i read the we were on upset alert. No way Nolan or Kyle allow that to happen.

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Definitely not a pushover... AND we will be inserting a new major piece in to the lineup (which I think turns us into a very different team). I'd prefer a comfortable win myself, but the basketball gods usually don't hear me...

whereinthehellami
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Spears is a big time part of the 49ers. If Duke can keep him in check then Duke should cruise. Spears is strong and uses his 6-6 frame well but that doesn't bode well against Duke's tall frontcourt.

49ers had 15 blocks last night. Jones the 6-10 center had 7 (but only 2 points?). But get this, the 49ers got outrebounded, by Elon. You don't see that much.

Elon also had more assists than TOs, despite the 49ers having a large edge in athleticsm, speed, and strength. So Duke shouldn't have too much of a problem with the 49ers ball pressure. Hopefully Duke can take better care of the ball tonight.

Greg_Newton
11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Question: I realize the game is on ESPN, but is anyone aware of an online feed for those of us that will still be stuck at work for tipoff? Thanks.

pfrduke
11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
49ers had 15 blocks last night. Jones the 6-10 center had 7 (but only 2 points?). But get this, the 49ers got outrebounded, by Elon. You don't see that much.

Actually, that's not terribly unusual. Shot-blocking teams are often not great defensive rebounding teams, as blocks more often lead to offensive rebounds than ordinary missed shots. Part of this is blocks that go out of bounds - those are always team rebounds for the offense (and Elon had 5 team offensive rebounds of their 19 total offensive rebounds), and part is due to the fact that a lot of blocks come from help-side defenders, who leave their man to block a shot and thus make it easier for their man to get to a loose ball.

mbd1mbd1
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Question: I realize the game is on ESPN, but is anyone aware of an online feed for those of us that will still be stuck at work for tipoff? Thanks.

It should be on espn360.com.

pfrduke
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
For what it's worth (and it's probably not worth much), Shamari Spears, the only 49er to play against Duke, has been decidedly ok in his matchups with the Devils

TOT-FG 3-PT REBOUNDS
## Player Name FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF TP A TO BLK S MIN
2/9/08 at Duke
34 Shamari Spears...... 5-10 0-0 0-0 1 5 6 4 10 1 2 0 2 23
1/29/07 at Duke
34 Shamari Spears...... f 5-14 0-0 2-3 4 1 5 0 12 2 2 0 1 30
2/14/07 at BC
34 Shamari Spears...... f 1-3 0-0 2-2 0 0 0 0 4 1 1 0 0 19

bigj4194
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
The games are on JustinTV, for those that want to sneak a peak at work, or have the games on your computer while you watch your soaps, or whatever you people do (your business, not mine).

http://www.justin.tv/cbb2k8

^^ from the ESPN24 hour marathon thread...

my guess is that our game will be here too as its the full marathon on justin.tv

micah75
11-17-2009, 05:32 PM

Charlotte is a good team, and I expect a competitive game. Still, I think Duke wins going away by 22.7. Just a wild hunch. Of course, it could be a nail-biter with Duke barely escaping in overtime... such is the nature of college hoops.

Let's get ready to... hmmm, rock and roll?

riverside6
11-17-2009, 05:33 PM
here is the link for our tempo-based live stats...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHdGame.asp?hSchedule=3607

Starters are up: Smith, Scheyer, Singler, Thomas, and Mi Plumlee

pfrduke
11-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Charlotte is a good team, and I expect a competitive game. Still, I think Duke wins going away by 22.7. Just a wild hunch. Of course, it could be a nail-biter with Duke barely escaping in overtime... such is the nature of college hoops.

Let's get ready to... hmmm, rock and roll?

The real question is who gets credited with 0.7 of a point. :D

riverside6
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
The real question is who gets credited with 0.7 of a point.

hmm...I'll go with Nolan, just because he's that hungry

striker219
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
In light of the first two minutes of the game, I'd like to revise my scoring prediction for "Swagga" and go with the over (15).

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:14 PM
This is going to be a long season for Lance Thomas if he thinks he can take 20' foot jumpshots.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
LOL^

Nolan is looking great.

Kyle makes it look too easy.

hokieDEVIL83
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I noticed empty bleachers at the ends of the student section both tonight and last night. Anyone have an explanation?

(sorry if this was already discussed in a previous post, just wondering)

BTW, Nolan def has his SWAGGA back!!!!! ( so far ;)

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
In light of the first two minutes of the game, I'd like to revise my scoring prediction for "Swagga" and go with the over (15).

I think he can get over 20 at this rate.

Greg_Newton
11-17-2009, 06:17 PM
We look really good. Nolan really completes the team, his active offense and slashing really opens things up.

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
We look really good. Nolan really completes the team, his active offense and slashing really opens things up.

Totally agree! He looks great.

superdave
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
We already have more fast break points tonight than last night.

Miles is the man. I continue to be impressed.

Hope everyone realized the 6pm tipoff!

bfree
Wow. Is this even the same team?

proelitedota
I noticed empty bleachers at the ends of the student section both tonight and last night. Anyone have an explanation?

(sorry if this was already discussed in a previous post, just wondering)

BTW, Nolan def has his SWAGGA back!!!!! ( so far ;)

Count me as one of the reasons, I was planning to go tonight, but an all-nighter last night due to school work killed my day today.

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:27 PM
We already have more fast break points tonight than last night.

Miles is the man. I continue to be impressed.

Hope everyone realized the 6pm tipoff!

Right on queue!

Genedoc
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow. Is this even the same team?

No. A point guard makes a big difference.

Genedoc
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM

I'm just going to be bitter all season at how sick this team would be with G or Elliott Williams on the perimeter.

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
NOLAN!!! NOLAN!!! NOLAN!!!

I love this team this year. They are so damn happy!!!!

S-S-S-MP1-? are the most amazing combination! (note: ? denotes anyone!)

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Good move by MP1

The_Greater_Blue
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM

I'm glad Jimmy gave us the heads up about the potential upset so that we would be ready for it by game time....

striker219
11-17-2009, 06:35 PM
How many does Nolan have?

Hermy-own
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Hmmm... On that Nolan Smith over/under 15 pts. I think i'll go with the over. :) :) :).

Welcome2DaSlopes
Nolan has 16
Jon 12
Kyle 8

CEF1959
Nolan is just going OFF on Charlotte. Woohoo!

striker219
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Nolan has 16
Jon 12
Kyle 8

Yeah, I definitely want to change to the over.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Lets not forget how well MP1 is playing. He has 8 points as well. Nolan also has 4 assist.

Genedoc
11-17-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm having a hard time telling who looks more improved, Miles, Nolan, or Sinlger. Miles appears to have jumped from bench player to legit starter. Nolan has gone from starter to All-ACC caliber. Singler looks like he simply made "the leap".

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
God. I wish Nolan went to L-ville... he is totally sucking tonight. Johnny Dawkins was so wrong to recruit him...

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm having a hard time telling who looks more improved, Miles, Nolan, or Sinlger. Miles appears to have jumped from bench player to legit starter. Nolan has gone from starter to All-ACC caliber. Singler looks like he simply made "the leap".

Lol i had the exact same thought.

striker219
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Announcer just made some comment about "4 weeks when Mason Plumlee is back on the floor," was there some announcement about his injury that I missed?

superdave
11-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Someone should tell Joe Lunardi we dont need no Bracketology until February.

Andre for 3! Keep shooting Andre!

superdave
11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
We have seen a little of everything out of Miles tonight, except for a bump and drop step move. He seems to have brought the whole repertoire tonight.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
We have seen a little of everything out of Miles tonight, except for a bump and drop step move. He seems to have brought the whole repertoire tonight.

Still the first half, we might be lucky.

Blueequalslife23
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Announcer just made some comment about "4 weeks when Mason Plumlee is back on the floor," was there some announcement about his injury that I missed?

4 weeks wouldn't be awful. I wish for him to come back December 19th Vs Gonzaga. It'd be a good early christmas present. :)

striker219
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Well that was an interesting half. Even when they slowed down for the last 5-7 minutes they looked better than at any time during last nights game.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Nolan Kyle Jon will all get over 20 points this game. Hopefully the backups get alot of burn at the end of the game and our big three can sit.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
4 weeks wouldn't be awful. I wish for him to come back December 19th Vs Gonzaga. It'd be a good early christmas present. :)

I'd be surprised if he wasn't. It's not broken, its sprained. If it was broken, the doctors would not evaluate it next week.

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
I'd be surprised if he wasn't. It's not broken, its sprained. If it was broken, the doctors would not evaluate it next week.

It's only sprained? that is a big @ss cast he has on!

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 07:03 PM
That was an incredible first half! Keep doin your thang Nolan! Miles is looking awesome and Jon and Kyle are....well Jon and Kyle.

I really wish MP2 was playing though, I wanna see him in reg. season action with his bro!!! So frustrating, but I am sure he is a lot more frustrated.

My only gripe with the 1st half was LT. How have you not developed a go to mid-range jump shot in 4 years??? And he still commits silly unnecessary fouls away from the basket.

ChicagoCrazy84
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM
It's only sprained? that is a big @ss cast he has on!

Ha, true. I am just guessing. It doesn't make sense though to have a 4 week timetable with a fracture and to have the doctors re-evaluating it every week.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
MP1 has a nice little jumper.

davekay1971
11-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow.

Nolan is a revelation. Who was it that remarked last week that Duke was a completely different team with Nolan on the floor? Jumbo? Whoever said it was dead on. He's markedly improved even compared with the end of last season. Whatever unsanctioned summer league he was playing in, we should have guys play in it every year (just kidding). He really does amp up our defensive pressure, and he will do a great job opening up the offensive end of the court. Teams will have to respect his outside shot and his ability to drive, which will help open the lane up for our bigs.

I'm so totally rubbing my hands with glee right now.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooow

jon to miles alley hoop

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:15 PM
20 for Nolan 5 assists.

SMO
11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooow

jon to miles alley hoop

This team is good. Very good. I don't care who they are playing. If what we are seeing tonight is representative and could get better with the addition of MP2...WOW.

superdave
11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
No Olek tonight. Nada. I understand Ryan Kelly is probably a lot better...but how is a guy supposed to improve?

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
No Olek tonight. Nada. I understand Ryan Kelly is probably a lot better...but how is a guy supposed to improve?

With this lead we might see him in a couple of min.

Indoor66
11-17-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm just going to be bitter all season at how sick this team would be with G or Elliott Williams on the perimeter.

Please, cheer for the team we have. They are quite good!

striker219
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM

And if only Elton Brand had stayed until his senior year we might have won the NC in 2001...;)

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Nice DUNK NOLAN

BlueintheFace
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Swagga having a great game. That dunk on the Scheyer block (yah i know) was vicious.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Please, cheer for the team we have. They are quite good!

We should apreciate the team we have, because we can go all day about what if's.

superdave
11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
There's Olek. Hopefully he plays the last 13 with LT and BZ in foul trouble. I'm sure we'll need crunch time/quality minutes out of the Pole at some point this year...when better to immerse him than now?

SMO
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
...but how is a guy supposed to improve?

The clear answer is to get playing time over others who have earned more PT. That's the only way. Olek should start every game, right?

jipops
11-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, the Bobcats look terrible this year.

SMO
11-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Swagga having a great game. That dunk on the Scheyer block (yah i know) was vicious.

Scheyer performing a nice SWAT analysis is my highlight of the game so far.

jipops
11-17-2009, 07:33 PM

I second that.

proelitedota
11-17-2009, 07:35 PM
So did they shift the stream because of the level of beat-down on Charlotte? :confused::( Nvm, the link got changed.

Just noticed the 3point field goal percentage. Nearly 60% and more than our overall field goals. WTF.

Duvall
11-17-2009, 07:38 PM
. I'm sure we'll need crunch time/quality minutes out of the Pole at some point this year

I certainly hope not.

Duvall
11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
but how is a guy supposed to improve?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/basketball/ncaa/uploaded_images/dukeblog4-750586.jpg

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM

No offense, but that was just a terrible joke! ;)
No finance jokes here!

GO NOLAN!

Oriole Way
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
So did they shift the stream because of the level of beat-down on Charlotte? :confused::( Nvm, the link got changed.

Just noticed the 3point field goal percentage. Nearly 60% and more than our overall field goals. WTF.

It's going to happen when the team's 3 best players all love to shoot the 3.

It's also easier to shoot 3's when you're 30 points ahead. I doubt that the team will be as reliant on 3's against better competition, but we have experienced shooters taking them (save for Andre, who I want taking as many open looks as possible anyway) so I have no problem with the shot selection.

The team looks awesome tonight. Smith looks great, and he's going to be such an important and vital part of our team's offense. It's hard not to feel good about the season if we can stay healthy. Just need Miles and Mason to get some steady minutes so they can contribute in ACC play. Very happy with Miles' performance tonight, and in fact all season thus far.

SMO
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
No offense, but that was just a terrible joke! ;)
No finance jokes here!

GO NOLAN!

Couldn't resist. But you really could apply a SWOT analysis to basketball, or any team or organization. Maybe a good subject for a separate string.

proelitedota
11-17-2009, 07:49 PM
I think we should be encouraged to take as much 3 as possible when we are rebounding well offensively.

flyingdutchdevil
11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Couldn't resist. But you really could apply a SWOT analysis to basketball, or any team or organization. Maybe a good subject for a separate string.

LOL. lemme give you a swot for Nolan:

Strength: swagga. awesome. accurate. more swagga.
Weakness: Girlfriend doesn't think he's that attractive. She prefers Singler's rosy cheeks.
Opportunity: 1st team ACC. Potentially All-American.
Threat: Big, fat Maryland players.

SMO
11-17-2009, 07:59 PM
LOL. lemme give you a swot for Nolan:

Strength: swagga. awesome. accurate. more swagga.
Weakness: Girlfriend doesn't think he's that attractive. She prefers Singler's rosy cheeks.
Opportunity: 1st team ACC. Potentially All-American.
Threat: Big, fat Maryland players.

LOL! I love it.

should_be_working
11-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Not meaning to sound snarky AT ALL, or even start another argument, but was last night's game another "freshman night". Lots of empty seats again.:(

paul plumlee
11-18-2009, 05:10 PM
i was impressed last night

JaMarcus Russell
11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Not meaning to sound snarky AT ALL, or even start another argument, but was last night's game another "freshman night". Lots of empty seats again.:(

According to someone on the free side of TDD, students weren't allowed to sit in the two areas in the corner of the Cameron because they were reserved for opposing fans and even if they were empty, students couldn't move in.

should_be_working
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
According to someone on the free side of TDD, students weren't allowed to sit in the two areas in the corner of the Cameron because they were reserved for opposing fans and even if they were empty, students couldn't move in.

Ah ok, that would explain it. Thanks.

airowe
11-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Last night was Greek night. These themed nights are either over or nearly over.

I think the tournament format resulted in a lot of the empty seating. At the Coastal Carolina game there were a number of Charlotte fans sitting behind Duke's bench as they were the higher seed in the following game. I'm not sure if the same applied to the student section...

Dukeface88
11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Last night was Greek night. These themed nights are either over or nearly over.

I think the tournament format resulted in a lot of the empty seating. At the Coastal Carolina game there were a number of Charlotte fans sitting behind Duke's bench as they were the higher seed in the following game. I'm not sure if the same applied to the student section...

Actually last night was club sports night; Greek night was vs. UNCG. Radford is sophomore night, but I believe that's the last one until senior night. I'm pretty sure no one will complain about that one. Anyway, the student section was more or less full as far as I could tell (my seat, or rather standing spot, was at the top of the key) up till half time, when some of the students started trickling out. The other positive was that the crazies seemed more coordinated.