PDA

View Full Version : What are the Chances???

wolfpackdevil
11-16-2009, 11:55 PM
That this all happens...

1) Duke wins one out of their last two games. (at Miami, WF.)
- More than likely they will be favored against Wake, and on senior day that could be a good win.

2) Finishes the season at 6-6, and appeals to the NCAA to count the NCCU win as a "real" win.

3) The NCAA approves the appeal, and duke is eligible for a bowl game.

4) A bowl (most likely the EagleBank Bowl in D.C,) invites Duke to play in their bowl game.

I know this sounds crazy, but I have hear people saying that if the ACC does not fill all of their bowl spots, then the NCAA could probably accept Duke's 6-6 season as bowl eligible.

Does anybody have any inside information about all this??

Wander
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Am I the only one who hopes this doesn't happen? It's bad enough how many teams play in bowls, and I don't want any asterisks anywhere when we finally do break our streak.

blazindw
11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
1) Duke wins one out of their last two games. (at Miami, WF.)
- More than likely they will be favored against Wake, and on senior day that could be a good win.

Will be a tough battle on Saturday, but we MUST win. My law school alma mater has nothing left to play for (already bowl eligible, not going to the ACC title game), so hopefully we can take advantage of that and play like there's no tomorrow and get the W. We may not be favored against Wake, but that doesn't matter. Senior Day, last game, need it to be bowl eligible...we must come with the fire in that game.

2) Finishes the season at 6-6, and appeals to the NCAA to count the NCCU win as a "real" win.
3) The NCAA approves the appeal, and duke is eligible for a bowl game.

Not going to happen. NC State, with a similar situation, has already been deemed ineligible despite still only having 6 losses (could still finish 6-6)

4) A bowl (most likely the EagleBank Bowl in D.C,) invites Duke to play in their bowl game.

EagleBank Bowl has the 8th choice among ACC teams. For us to be in that bowl, 8 teams from the ACC will have to be bowl eligible (us and FSU are the only teams left with a chance to become bowl eligible...6 teams are already eligible and the rest are already eliminated from bowl contention). But, we must be eligible to have a chance. We would probably be the last pick of the ACC teams, which would put us in this bowl. However, Army can still finish 6-6 and become bowl eligible (must win their last 2 games). If they are, they are contracted to be in the EagleBank Bowl...they most likely wouldn't match us up with Army again after already playing them in the regular season. If Army is ineligible, that spot would be filled by an at-large team from the MAC, C-USA or the Big 10 (think Michigan if they can beat Ohio Snake to become bowl eligible this weekend).