PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Kentucky 72, Miami (OH) 70

Blueequalslife23
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Our favorite team of discussion on this board Kentucky Wildcats are down ten in the first half to Miami...Miami OHIO!!

Duvall
11-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Our favorite team of discussion on this board Kentucky Wildcats

When did that happen?

Of course, now UK will win easily.

Blueequalslife23
11-16-2009, 07:53 PM
When did that happen?

Of course, now UK will win easily.

All the Kentucky fans that post on here about " what if" Kentucky plays Duke or " what if: Kentucky plays UNC

Blueequalslife23
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Haha whoops. Kentucky only down 3.

FireOgilvie
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Miami's Nick Winbush is 6-6 from 3 and he was the biggest reason for the Miami run. The other reason was that Kentucky looks terrible, and John Wall apparently forgot to work on his jump shot.

I'm watching the game on ESPN360 while watching the Duke game on ESPNU. It's nice to have both.

KenTankerous
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
My wildcats look exactly like I suspected they'd look - young, inexperienced "stars" that think just showing up is enough to win games. John Wall's acting as if the waters of the Miami defense will simply part when he drives because, "DAMNIT, haven't they heard! I'm John BYGOD Wall!"

Meh, at least it isn't Gardner-Webb.

JasonEvans
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
They showed highlights at halftime of the Duke game. You would have thought Kentucky was winning by 60. It was all Wildcat highlights. I was only paying halfway attention when I suddenly heard the announcer says, "But Kentucky is down 3 right now..." I busted out laughing.

Kentucky will win. It is early in the year and these young kids are still figuring out how to play together. Of course, there are no guarantees they ever do figure it out.

--Jason "Ky down 2 with 8 mins left as I write this" Evans

Indoor66
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
They showed highlights at halftime of the Duke game. You would have thought Kentucky was winning by 60. It was all Wildcat highlights. I was only paying halfway attention when I suddenly heard the announcer says, "But Kentucky is down 3 right now..." I busted out laughing.

Kentucky will win. It is early in the year and these young kids are still figuring out how to play together. Of course, there are no guarantees they ever do figure it out.

--Jason "Ky down 2 with 8 mins left as I write this" Evans

Couldn't happen to a nicer crowd! :D

BlueintheFace
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM
down one w/ 2:08

Blueequalslife23
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
john wall wins it.

juise
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
The John Wall era (season) starts with a bang. They definitely remind me of the last few Memphis teams... young and ridiculously athletic, but not the best decision-makers or free throw shooters.

godukerocks
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Huge three by the Hawks, only to have Wall respond right at the buzzer. Great finish.

KenTankerous
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
UK needs a fifteen - O run and last minute heroics to win by 2 at home versus Miami OH.

This is not the fifth best team in the country.

Unless that country is Ecuador. And the game is hockey.

Sure, we will get better. And if I thought we had three or four years together, I'd bet the farm we'd bring home the NC. This is a sweet sixteen team at best.

Wander
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
This is a sweet sixteen team at best.

Nah, I don't think so. There are plenty of examples of Final Four teams who have bad losses in November. I'm still comfortable picking Kentucky to get to the FF.

HCheek37
11-17-2009, 09:25 AM
watching the end of that game i had no doubt that Wall would hit that. This kid looks special....:(

should_be_working
11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
anyone notice that when the ball went through the net via Wall's shot at the end there would have been like 1.2 seconds or so left, not .5. Why didn't Miami call a timeout and make the officials check the clock? Were they out of timeouts? And I didn't get to see Miami's heave at the end (bad camera work) but what I did see was Miami's player on the ground surrounded by UK defenders. Strange ending.

Bluedog
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
anyone notice that when the ball went through the net via Wall's shot at the end there would have been like 1.2 seconds or so left, not .5.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. There was WAY more than 0.5 seconds left when the ball went through the net. The clock manager certainly was a UK person....The officials should have reviewed it even if Miami didn't call a timeout, in my opinion. It seemed clear that the clock was wrong, and if they notice it, they're supposed to fix it.

SMO
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that too. There was WAY more than 0.5 seconds left when the ball went through the net. The clock manager certainly was a UK person....The officials should have reviewed it even if Miami didn't call a timeout, in my opinion. It seemed clear that the clock was wrong, and if they notice it, they're supposed to fix it.

If the clock issue had happened at Cameron there would be a lot of attention paid. I wouldn't be surprised if UK's youth and decision-making hindered them most of the season.

juise
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, my interpretation of this YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MqmMxvQrxM) is that the ball comes out of the net with about 1.3 left on the clock. It was a gutsty shot for the kid's first game, though.

whereinthehellami
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
It would have been more gutsy if they weren't tied at the time.

lifelongdevil
11-17-2009, 06:33 PM
http://deadspin.com/5407011/miami-coach-not-impressed-by-lexington-reporters-question?autoplay=true