PDA

View Full Version : Sean Renfree injury status

brianl
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Has anyone heard the diagnosis for Renfree? The knee bent pretty awkwardly and I'm hoping for the best. It was good to see him leave the field under his (albeit a little assisted) own power.

I had not seen any type of listing on his specific injury.

6th Man
11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I wondered the same thing. Really hoping he won't have to rehab all off season instead of working on his game.

roywhite
11-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Has anyone heard the diagnosis for Renfree? The knee bent pretty awkwardly and I'm hoping for the best. It was good to see him leave the field under his (albeit a little assisted) own power.

I had not seen any type of listing on his specific injury.

Not good...

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=204834921

Wish both guys the best.

DukeSince'77
11-16-2009, 04:07 PM
The hits just keep on coming....

jjasper0729
11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
holy crap... acl? so he'll not be available at all next year.. that is not good

arydolphin
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
As long as it's just an ACL tear and nothing else, Renfree will be ready to play next year. What will hurt him in terms of development for next season is that he won't get to play at all during spring practice due to rehab from the injury. However, with the start on the season 9-10 months away, it's plenty of time to come back from ACL surgery.

cbfx3
11-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I hope for his sake that he isnt remembered as the guy that "coulda been"

JaMarcus Russell
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
holy crap... acl? so he'll not be available at all next year.. that is not good

There have been lots of improvements in the treating of ACL injuries. At LSU, both Stevan Ridley and Richard Dugas tore their ACLs in the first week of Spring practice. Both were ready to play by the time summer practice began and have played throughout the season with no injury concerns. It seems like an injury that used to take 9-12 months to heal can now be treated in 4-6 months.

Unfortunately, that means that Renfree will probably still miss all of the Spring practices.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Dr. Tee Moorman, head of Duke Sports Medicine, is one of the foremost orthopods in the country. He specializes in knees and shoulders. Sean will have the most advanced, up to date treatment available and will be ready for next season.... maybe earlier.

Kimist
11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Renfree's other knee was also in a brace prior to the injury. What's the story there? (certainly not both ACL blowouts)

Local news reports say spring practice is out, but should be able to participate in games next season.

k

brianl
11-17-2009, 09:02 AM
It's a set back for him, but he seems to be a pretty well grounded guy and should do well. I wish him well in his recovery and rehab.

That being said, it should be noted that the current squad is a fine representation of Duke and their fans. They don't take cheap shots, they don't argue, and most of all, don't act like they scored or made a big play for the first time in their life.

1999ballboy
11-17-2009, 09:57 AM
This is definitely a setback for Sean and the team. Fortunately though, he should be ready next year when we need him most. Mitchell Lederman's injury is equally, if not more devastating. He was out against Georgia Tech too, and our line didn't look so good that game. His absence weakens our line quite a bit, and no one will miss him more than Thad. I have met Mitchell and he is an extremely nice guy. I feel really bad for him, coming down with this injury at the end of his senior year.

Is there any word on Johnny Williams or Austin Kelly? Both were carried away on the cart during the GT game. Johnny looked to be in quite a lot of pain. Austin looked OK except he didn't have his jersey on and his ankle was wrapped.