PDA

View Full Version : An end to insanity!

Teton Jack
11-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Enough! I hate this time of the year. Recruits think of themselves as celebrities and jerk people around; brother and sister dukies turn on each other and eat their young or are at least uncivil; and people value unproven talent over the talent we have on the team. Yes, we can be disappointed but we will prevail. Let's get over it - quickly.

Let's focus on the blessings we have. I'd rather have Kyle Singler for two years than Harrison Barnes for the same length of time. If Kyle stays, we will see another jersey in the rafters. He's something special! We have a terrific team this year, one I can't wait to watch play. And next year, we get the most coveted point guard in the country. WOOOOHOOOOO! To quote an old Duke coach, good small forwards are like streetcars; another one comes every ten minutes. And if we get Smith, he might fit in better with our team than Barnes would have. He seems more like Brian Davis in the Laettner-Hurley years.

Now, on with the games!

Teton Jack

BlueDevilCorvette!
11-14-2009, 03:34 PM
That's the way to get me pumped up! Hey, totally agree with you...Duke will still be Duke and we have a bright future with the incoming recruits. In addition, this years team may just end up being something special. Let's give them all our encouragement and support! Forget the what if's...or the what could have been stuff.

Devilsfan
11-14-2009, 07:40 PM
It's tough being a Duke fan these days. Just saw country Roy on TV gloating about his newest recruit and they posted the fact that he was able to recruit three of the top twenty seniors in the United States. That was after I suffered through a "Roofesq" display of football featuring a very porous O line and the return of happy feet to our senior qb, who was deservidly benched only to have our freshman qb appear to blowout his good knee. I don't know when I have had so much fun. Maybe I'll just run my fingers down a chaulk board, pull out my finger nails with a pliers, or just double my donation. (Not really, just trying to make light of a not so great situation).

chrishoke
11-14-2009, 07:49 PM
It's tough being a Duke fan these days. Just saw country Roy on TV gloating about his newest recruit and they posted the fact that he was able to recruit three of the top twenty seniors in the United States. That was after I suffered through a "Roofesq" display of football featuring a very porous O line and the return of happy feet to our senior qb, who was deservidly benched only to have our freshman qb appear to blowout his good knee. I don't know when I have had so much fun. Maybe I'll just run my fingers down a chaulk board, pull out my finger nails with a pliers, or just double my donation. (Not really, just trying to make light of a not so great situation).

Spot on. I guess I picked the wrong weekend to stop drinking.

Rich
11-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Spot on. I guess I picked the wrong weekend to stop drinking.

For me, sniffing glue! And don't call me Shirley!

rthomas
11-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Personally. Not thinking about next year. I am psyched about this year. Go Duke!

mo.st.dukie
11-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I think alot of Duke fans and non-Duke fans are really sleeping on this years team. I really like the pieces that we have this year. The trio of Scheyer, Smith, Singler will be among the best 1/2/3 in the country. The frontcourt has a lot of potential, even the LT and Zoubs can continue to improve, and if the Plumlee's continue to develop we'll be solid down low. We have alot of great players on the roster right now and for next season.