PDA

View Full Version : Injury report-yikes!

jimsumner
11-12-2009, 02:08 PM
For GT game

QB Thaddeus Lewis (leg) -- Probable
LB Damian Thornton (neck) -- Probable
WR Donovan Varner (knee) -- Probable
WR Conner Vernon (head) -- Probable
WR Johnny Williams (knee) -- Probable

LB Abraham Kromah (leg) -- Questionable
OG Mitchell Lederman (foot) -- Questionable
LB Vincent Rey (leg) -- Questionable
K Will Snyderwine (leg) -- Questionable

DT Vince Oghobaase (leg) -- Doubtful

RB Kyle Griswould (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
WR Tyree Watkins (leg) -- OUT FOR SEASON
S Anthony Young-Wiseman (knee) -- OUT FOR SEASON

bigj4194
11-12-2009, 02:11 PM
That's a lot of injuries. I hope most of them still play as we will need them.

GO DUKE!

Duvall
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM

Well.

CDu
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Well.

Yeah, missing Big Vince and Rey would make a VERY tough task that much tougher. I don't like our chances to begin with, but if they're both out (and it looks like at least Big Vince is probably not going to play) I really don't like our chances.

CameronBlue
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
We need a V.O. baby...if we're gonna stop Tech's option. Their QB prefers ducking up inside, it's an adventure when he pitches. VO and the down-linemen will be key in this game.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
A disappointing list indeed! Shows the physical beating many on that list took last week. So many positions with question marks can open up some opportunities for other guys who have been on the sidelines.

I hope everyone who can will come out to support our team at the Devil Walk and the game. They aren't giving up and neither should we.

Bob Green
11-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Having OG Mitchell Lederman questionable is a concern. In order to beat GT, we are going to have to keep their offense off the field by scoring a lot of points on sustained drives. The offensive line must give Thad Lewis (perhaps Sean Renfree) time to throw the ball.

This injury report is discouraging.

Wander
11-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow, what an absolute disaster. Arguably our top five players are on that list somewhere. I actually thought we matched up decently with GT too.

Welcome2DaSlopes
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Good Thing most of them are Possible.

Bob Green
11-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Good Thing most of them are Possible.

"Possible" isn't a category on the injury report. Players are Probable, Questionable, Doubtful, or Out.

Olympic Fan
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Definitely a discouraging list ... Coach Cut has been warning us all week that his kids got beat up last week.

I'm going to be optimistic and look for the kids listed as "probable" to play.

At the same time, I don't think we can count on VO for much -- doubtful is pretty discouraging. That means that John Drew -- a Georgia kid who picked Duke over Georgia Tech -- will probably get the start. I think he can do a good job ... but playing two DTs instead of rotating three guys at those two spots is a tough proposition.

The Vinny Rey injury is the biggest concern. Right, now, he is Duke's single most irreplacable player. There's no John Drew or Sean Renfree behind him. And his toughness and experience are vital if Duke has any chance against the Tech wishbone.

If Cut and the guys pull this one off Saturday ... wow, we need to understand what a great accomplishment that would be.

CMARTZ
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
"Possible" isn't a category on the injury report. Players are Probable, Questionable, Doubtful, or Out.

Oh come on, you knew what he meant...

RelativeWays
11-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Anyone familiar with any dark arts or blood sacrifices? I have a feeling Duke will need all the help it can get this weekend....even if it is evil help.

juise
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
"Possible" isn't a category on the injury report.

"Anything is possiblllllle!!!!" - Kevin Garnett :)

devildeac
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
For GT game

AWWWWWW, crap. Is there any way to tell how many of those injuries came from the pounding we took during the course of play and how many came from the repeated late hits we took?

Now I'm depressed.

OZZIE4DUKE
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Anyone familiar with any dark arts or blood sacrifices? I have a feeling Duke will need all the help it can get this weekend....even if it is evil help.
Paging Dr. Pierce. Dr. Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce.
Paging Dr. McIntyre. Dr. Trapper John McIntyre.

NovaScotian
11-12-2009, 08:09 PM
"Anything is possiblllllle!!!!" - Kevin Garnett :)

ahahahahahahah, my sides hurt.

loran16
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
For GT game

To sum up:
Probable: Our ENTIRE OFFENSE minus Austin Kelly.
Questionable or Doubtful: Our DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS

Jeez, i knew we were beat up by UNC, but i didn't expect Johnny, Varner, Thad, Vinny Rey, or V.O. on there. When'd Vince get hurt anyhow....i don't recall him ever being taken out (cuz of injury) of the UNC game till it was over.

gep
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I was wondering how much of this "public release" of injuries is actually a ploy, and not really as dire as it sounds :rolleyes:

wolfpackdevil
11-12-2009, 11:15 PM
I am really scared that Duke is gonna have a late-season, injury crushing, let down against GT.

It sounds like the practices have been mediokre because so many of the leaders are out with injuries. And even if all those "probables", and "questionables" play, they will be no where near 100% and with little practice time from this week.

I am very nervous for Saturday.

jimsumner
11-12-2009, 11:33 PM
" was wondering how much of this "public release" of injuries is actually a ploy, and not really as dire as it sounds"

very, very little. If any. This stuff is pretty standardized and I think Duke plays it straight.

gep
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
" was wondering how much of this "public release" of injuries is actually a ploy, and not really as dire as it sounds"

very, very little. If any. This stuff is pretty standardized and I think Duke plays it straight.

Thanks, Jim. I was more "hoping" than anything... and that these guys can actually play effectively... :D

OldPhiKap
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Sacrifice a ram.