PDA

View Full Version : MJ's son to walk on at Illinois

rthomas
04-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Obviously doesn't need a scholly. Is he any good?

http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=668221

Channing
04-28-2007, 10:28 AM
He is a nice player, although I am not sure he is quite at the level of playing Big x basketball just yet. He was being recruited heavily by Davidson and Valpraiso which should give a decent idea of his skillset. Obviously if Bob McKillop sees something in him he cant be all that bad. I only saw him play in one game this year, and that was his televised game against Eric Gordan. While he didnt wow, he certainly didnt embarass himself either. General consensus, though, is that his younger brother, whom I believe is a sophomore, is the better prospect.

Jeff Jordan played in the Jordan All Star game with some other top notch recruits and scored 9 points.

burnspbesq
04-28-2007, 11:07 AM
One imagines all of the other coaches in the SoCon breathing a large sigh of relief. Curry and Jordan playing together in McKillop's system would have been a dominant force at that level.

Cameron
04-28-2007, 12:20 PM
The title of this thread pretty much says it all:

MJ's son to walk on at Illinois

Channing
04-28-2007, 02:03 PM
The title of this thread pretty much says it all:

MJ's son to walk on at Illinois

The only way he can even remotely begin to peep out of that shadow is if he goes from being MJs son to JJ

BlueDevilBaby
04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
The only way he can even remotely begin to peep out of that shadow is if he goes from being MJs son to JJ

There's only one JJ!:D

Olympic Fan
04-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Jeffrey Jordan played in the Jordan Classic with 19 of the top 40 players in the country. Anytime he did anything halfway decent, the announcers (who must have been on Michael's payroll) kept saying "he's proved he belonged here."

Actually, he didn't ... he's not horrible, but he was only in that game because of his father's connections. Jeffrey is a mid-major player who might make himself into a useful sub at Illinois.

Now his younger brother is a bit better -- a true point guard who may end up getting some legitmate big-time offers.

burnspbesq
04-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Don't you all secretly wish that he had chosen to walk on at Duke? Just to see the reactions at Inside Carolina?

TillyGalore
04-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Don't you all secretly wish that he had chosen to walk on at Duke? Just to see the reactions at Inside Carolina?

but I love it!!!!!!!!!