PDA

View Full Version : Coach K's 1,000th Game: A Reunion

airowe
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM
2/12/09 vs Maryland over 300 former players, coaches, managers, and others will convene in Durham to celebrate the accomplishments of Duke basketball during K's tenure.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2009/11/former-duke-players-will-return-in-droves-for-coach-ks-1000th-game/

BD80
11-10-2009, 03:22 PM
2/12/09 vs Maryland over 300 former players, coaches, managers, and others will convene in Durham to celebrate the accomplishments of Duke basketball during K's tenure.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2009/11/former-duke-players-will-return-in-droves-for-coach-ks-1000th-game/

"over 300 former players, coaches, managers, and others" have been INVITED

Battierfan01
11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I sure hope that I am included in the "OTHERS" that have been invited.:)

roywhite
11-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Glad to hear it.

I assume that's 2/12/2010 and 2/13/2010.

We sometimes don't reflect on how lucky we are to have Coach K. He's the best.

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Glad to hear it.

I assume that's 2/12/2010 and 2/13/2010.

We sometimes don't reflect on how lucky we are to have Coach K. He's the best.

Coach K's birthday is February 13.

BlueintheFace
11-10-2009, 03:40 PM
This is going to be one enormous party weekend at Duke... Can't wait to be there.

Battierfan01
11-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Coach K's birthday is February 13.

That's right. Man what a HUGE weekend this will be!! I sure hope I can get some tickets.:D

Devil in the Blue Dress
11-10-2009, 03:51 PM
That's right. Man what a HUGE weekend this will be!! I sure hope I can get some tickets.:D

The visiting team will be Maryland. Looks like turtle bisque will be featured!

Battierfan01
11-10-2009, 09:12 PM
The visiting team will be Maryland. Looks like turtle bisque will be featured!

It seems that we always play Maryland on or around Coach K's birthday. The schedulers must want to make sure that we get a WIN for his B-DAY!!!

1999ballboy
11-11-2009, 04:30 AM
So wait.

His 1,000th game at Duke.
His birthday.
AND the NBA All-Star break?

This was obviously written in the stars. I'll do just about anything to be at this game. I'm a little concerned that the atmosphere might make the team emotional and nervous, but I'm sure Coach K will keep the guys focused. Let's hope the Crazies can do the same.

Any word on whether this will be the second tenting game? (it would really be the first in the schedule, I know, but second to THE game. You know what I mean.)

DevilHorse
11-11-2009, 06:41 AM
I know that people have to plan in advance for things like this, but between now and February is the NIT tournament. Isn't it a bit arrogant to assume that Duke will win each of the preliminary games and make it to the Final game of that tournament. I think we've just provided bulletin board material for all of our early round, and semi-final opponents (as if they needed it). Obviously, if we do not make it to the final game of the NIT Season Tip-Off, Coach K will coach his "Kth" game on another night.

Larry
DevilHorse

El_Diablo
11-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I know that people have to plan in advance for things like this, but between now and February is the NIT tournament. Isn't it a bit arrogant to assume that Duke will win each of the preliminary games and make it to the Final game of that tournament. I think we've just provided bulletin board material for all of our early round, and semi-final opponents (as if they needed it). Obviously, if we do not make it to the final game of the NIT Season Tip-Off, Coach K will coach his "Kth" game on another night.

Larry
DevilHorse

No. There are consolation games, so every team plays 4 games no matter what.

Jarhead
11-11-2009, 11:33 AM
No. There are consolation games, so every team plays 4 games no matter what.

Double no. Not if (heaven forbid) Duke should lose one of the NIT games played in Cameron. Consolation games would only be played at MSG. I'm not worried, but Mrs Jarhead worries if the other team scores first in a game.

msdukie
11-11-2009, 11:40 PM
There is a separate consolation bracket for all of the teams that don't make New York. Each team in the field plays 4 games.

juise
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
There is a separate consolation bracket for all of the teams that don't make New York. Each team in the field plays 4 games.

True.

Link. (http://www.nit.org/sports/m-pnit/spec-rel/081209aad.html)

First- and second-round games will be played at the home campus of the four highest-seeded teams. The winners of those sites will move onto New York City. The remaining 12 teams will play third- and fourth-round games on the home campus sites of the three highest remaining seeds. Participating teams will not play any team twice, and the third and fourth rounds will be assigned to the most geographically compatible site possible.

Jarhead
11-12-2009, 12:12 AM
True.

Link. (http://www.nit.org/sports/m-pnit/spec-rel/081209aad.html)

Oh, okay. Sorry.:o

DevilHorse
11-12-2009, 06:50 AM
That's good to know. Thanks.:)

Larry
DevilHorse

Duke of Nashville
02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Has anyone heard exactly what will be planned? I remember reading about it earlier this year and it popped in my head after Kerolina got beat up the other night.....any confirmations on previous players that may be attending?

airowe
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Has anyone heard exactly what will be planned? I remember reading about it earlier this year and it popped in my head after Kerolina got beat up the other night.....any confirmations on previous players that may be attending?

Expect an announcement within the next few days. Visitor lists have yet to be finalized.

airowe
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Game's on Saturday.

See my edited post. Forgot what today was.