PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Georgia Tech Narrowly Escapes

airowe
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Another one almost bit the dust in an exhibition game last night:

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/110809aab.html

Edouble
11-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Jeez, c'mon Tech. I already have my ticket for the bandwagon this year.

airowe
11-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Jeez, c'mon Tech. I already have my ticket for the bandwagon this year.

Same here. Just an exhibition though...

CEF1959
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I liked the Paul Hewitt understatement: "We didn't do some things fundamentally very well." Like letting an opposing player light 'em up for 31 points, for example.

But Favors scored 15, pulled down 9 boards, and had three blocks. He's going to require some attention.

Battierfan01
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
This just shows that you have to be focused everytime you step on the floor, no matter who it's against.

BlueintheFace
11-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm not on the bandwagon anymore. Got off a few weeks ago when I was hearing that Favors is NOT as good as advertised from Tech fans. Youth + poor coaching (IMO)= risk of bust. Toss in the fact that consistent winning in the ACC requires a culture of winning to be developed and Ga Tech was terrible last year....

4th in ACC=GaTech ceiling

sagegrouse
11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
IUP lost to Maryland by 21 and to Wake by 27. Then it took Ga Tech to OT. The boys sure learned a lot in the first two games.:):)

sagegrouse

Edouble
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm not on the bandwagon anymore. Got off a few weeks ago when I was hearing that Favors is NOT as good as advertised from Tech fans. Youth + poor coaching (IMO)= risk of bust. Toss in the fact that consistent winning in the ACC requires a culture of winning to be developed and Ga Tech was terrible last year....

4th in ACC=GaTech ceiling

I don't know. Favors seems like he will be pretty legit. Who are these Tech fans that are knocking Favors, anyway?

I would say that a culture of winning definitely helps, but Virginia finished in a tie for first place just 2 seasons ago, and they definitely didn't come from a culture of winning.

The Jackets are uber talented and it's going to be really interesting to watch the team develop. There's a seat for you if you decide to hop back on in mid-January. I also think you're plastering that ceiling a few floors too low. I think Tech is capable of winning the conference with the talent that it has. Hewitt's certainly an enigma, but he's played on Monday night before.

chrisheery
11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
if Favors had gone to Duke. (Not that he every considered it seriously) You would not hear a soul saying he is not that good. He would be a God-send.