PDA

View Full Version : WBB-Exh: UAA postgame

MHTorringjan
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
So, yesterday was the second exhibition of the season, and here are my thoughts on what we saw (not having read the Goduke.com article, so I don't know if I'm repeating anything from there).

We got off to a slow start in the first half, but eventually got up to speed and got our offensive rhythm. The defense was good in the first half, but better in the second half where they didn't allow a bucket for almost the first 10 minutes. The UAA girls played very strongly for the first ten minutes of the game or so (and then didn't come out for a warm-up before the second half; guess they were game-planning hard).

Individual performances, obviously Karima was on fire in the first half, all over the place getting loose balls and scoring from inside and out. I think she had 14 in the first half and then didn't play much in the second (or was just more quiet, not sure which). Jasmine was in foul trouble in the first half but lit it up in the second. I am impressed with the freshmen this year, as Alexis showed some great on-the-ball defense and some good skills on the break after her steals. Allison Vernery was my unknown coming into this season, but she is clearly going to be a force for us starting this year and will be a star later. Krystal seems to have developed her post skills greatly since last season, and she looks like she's going to fit in very well to her starting role. Not to slight anybody, the whole team played awesomely, I just don't want to take up much more time than I already have. :-)

M.H.

CameronBornAndBred
11-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks very much for the perspective M.H., looking forward to getting to see them in person.