PDA

View Full Version : Bilas Articles

SilkyJ
11-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Jay has a couple articles up on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=bilas_jay&id=4627674
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4628668&name=bilas_jay

I like the dig at digger. That highlighter tie thing is lame and obnoxious at the same time. And he hates Duke; must kill him to know he shares time with someone considered to be the better analyst :)

Edouble
11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
And he hates Duke; must kill him to know he shares time with someone considered to be the better analyst :)

My cat is a better analyst than Digger. I remember when Digger started that damn matching tie and highlighter thing. I was like, ha ha, that's funny, his highlighter matches his tie. Then the next day it matched again, and I was like, Oh no, this can't be deliberate, can it? And the rest is history. Digger is so terrible.

Hubert Davis, Dickie V., and Jay are also terrible though, in all fairness.

At least Mike Patrick is awesome. Oh no, wait, he's terrible.

flyingdutchdevil
11-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Anyone good in your book?

Edouble
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Bill Raftery, Mike Gminski, Doris Burke.

flyingdutchdevil
11-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Bill Raftery, Mike Gminski, Doris Burke.

Like those, minus Doris. Never been a fan...

Edouble
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Like those, minus Doris. Never been a fan...

I like her because she is usually on Vitale's crew, and if she is talking that means that he is not.

flyingdutchdevil
11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I like her because she is usually on Vitale's crew, and if she is talking that means that he is not.

That's actually a darn good response. Well done...

That said, I love Dickie V, and not because he loves Duke. His excitement is addictive. I don't understand what he says 83% of the time, but that's the beauty of it all! :D

RainingThrees
11-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery and Andy Katz on the sideline would be the ultimate team of announcers. Gus for his energy, Raftery for his amazing vocabulary, and Katz for his insight, you cannot go wrong with these 3.