PDA

View Full Version : FOOTBALL: We may be playing with house money at this point, but....

loran16
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
THE SEASON'S NOT OVER!

Listen, I've seen in about every duke football thread for the last 2 weeks, "Well this season is already a success for the 5 wins and 3 conference wins" or some variant of that idea.

I agree (How can you not?). We've clearly shown that Duke Football is on the rise and that contending for the ACC Title may not be that far away.

But, seriously guys, stop saying that as a consolation for every loss and as a way of looking at every subsequent game! I mean, c'mon, Bowl Eligibility is still possible and while it looks grim right now, LETS NOT GIVE UP.

The Season is a success. WE CAN MAKE IT MORE OF A SUCCESS! So let's please stop talking about how great of a season we've had so far in every Duke Football thread until the Season is over.

We should be looking forward. We've got 3 games left to play. I think we've got a great chance at beating Wake, and i think we could steal one of the other two. We can gaze with wonder at our accomplishments after the season. But for now, ONWARD BLUE DEVILS. FIGHT BLUE DEVILS FIGHT

DukeSean
11-08-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm totally not giving up, we have 3 games left to play. We can win all three if we play like we're capable of playing.

And it's not a consolation for a tough loss, it's just fact that I bring up to keep perspective, not get too depressed, and look forward to the next game.

Kewlswim
11-08-2009, 03:36 AM
'nough Said.

GO DUKE!